Sign in with
Your question

Intel Celeron E1500 Overclock

Last response: in CPUs
December 21, 2012 1:14:14 PM

Hello, I am wanting to overclock my Intel Celeron CPU. It currently is running at 2.20 Ghz. I don't really want to purchase a new fan for it or increase the voltage so what would be a safe increment to overclock it by, if any.

When my PC is idle the CPU temp is around 30C (It fluctuates between 25C and 35C). I'm not sure what the current voltage is but I can try to find that out if I need to.
a c 146 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 21, 2012 3:44:10 PM

Georgewb13 said:
Hello, I am wanting to overclock my Intel Celeron CPU. It currently is running at 2.20 Ghz. I don't really want to purchase a new fan for it or increase the voltage so what would be a safe increment to overclock it by, if any.

When my PC is idle the CPU temp is around 30C (It fluctuates between 25C and 35C). I'm not sure what the current voltage is but I can try to find that out if I need to.

You can't overclock Celeron, Pentium's and I3's. They all have locked multipliers so they can't be overclocked like an I5 or I7 "k" version CPU. Only the Intel processors the I5 and I7 in particular with "k" in the name have unlocked multipliers and can be overclocked.
a c 103 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b å Intel
December 21, 2012 4:25:44 PM

rds1220 is almost right, you can't unlock multipliers, but you can increase the FSB, and as the E1500 is base on Conroe, should overclock well, but pay a few ££ and get an aftermarket cooler. Search extremeoverclockers.net or Google.
Related resources
a c 146 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 21, 2012 4:38:41 PM

das_stig said:
rds1220 is almost right, you can't unlock multipliers, but you can increase the FSB, and as the E1500 is base on Conroe, should overclock well, but pay a few ££ and get an aftermarket cooler. Search extremeoverclockers.net or Google.

Yea but I don't consider that a real overclock. You will get a few hundred MHz out of that and will do probably next to nothing for performance. It would be like a comparing an I3 3220 at 3.3 GHz and and I3 3240 at 3.4 GHz. 100 MHz isn't going to make a difference.
December 21, 2012 7:19:42 PM

Okay, thanks for the reply. I'm looking into getting a PC now.
December 21, 2012 7:28:00 PM

A Conroe chip like that will probably get to 2.5GHz without a voltage increase. YMMV though.
a c 134 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b å Intel
December 21, 2012 7:31:00 PM

no point in overclocking such a low chip, the performance increase u get are very minimal and are mostly locked multiplyers like the above dude stated :) 

December 22, 2012 12:36:53 AM

rds1220 said:
You can't overclock Celeron, Pentium's and I3's. They all have locked multipliers so they can't be overclocked like an I5 or I7 "k" version CPU. Only the Intel processors the I5 and I7 in particular with "k" in the name have unlocked multipliers and can be overclocked.

umm... correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's talking about the Allendale based Celeron, not the Sandy Bridge one....

surely it can be overclocked, but I think the performance increase is not worth it.

if you want to overclock it just for fun, then go ahead :) 
!