Sign in with
Your question

Need a graphics card/PSU for a dual monitor set up

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 15, 2012 11:08:28 PM

Hello everyone,

I work from home and do a lot of excel work and outlook, and I've reached the point where I realized that I need a two monitor set up to get my work done.
-------------------------------------------------------
MY COMPUTER: COMPAQ CQ5521F Link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02...

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within this month

BUDGET RANGE: less than $100 (I'm already planning spending $80 for 2nd monitor used, and around $250 for the egertron dual arm)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: only work (skype a lot, excel, word, outlook, Chrome), no gaming what so ever

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Integrated Graphics with MoBo - GeForce 6150SE nForce 430; 250W power supply

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: (e.g., make/model of CPU, MoBo, memory - this can help us determine whether or not a given card is compatible with and makes sense for your system. For high-end cards, knowing your case/cooling setup may also be helpful)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I'm in Toronto, Canada so: newegg.ca, amazon.ca, honestly wherever a card is available even in store. even from the states is fine as long as its within the requirements

PARTS PREFERENCES: which ever fits the needs and works like a charm, I'm not that tech savy

OVERCLOCKING: No OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: two Samsung 225bw @ 1680x1050; each monitor power consumption 55W

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I've done some research and also speaking to a friend that I need a graphics cards that does not exceed my computer's 250W output. Let me know if you need more info from me. Thanks to if anyone can help me.

EDIT: Also can someone recommend a PSU that would also be enough for a graphics card upgrade?
!