How to change winxp interface from japanese to english?

Hello,
I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
Someone know how can change to english interface?
thanks
Ben
15 answers Last reply
More about change winxp interface japanese english

    Ben;
    You can not change the language of Windows.
    If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Ben wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
    > Someone know how can change to english interface?

    Purchase and install the English version of Windows XP.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    The module only for Japan locally. So that it don't have in English . Which
    is SONY typeX media server series.
    Anyway, thank you for your reply.
    Ben

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:Oe0aT8rVFHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Ben;
    > You can not change the language of Windows.
    > If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
    >> Someone know how can change to english interface?
    >> thanks
    >> Ben

    what about MUI?

    > Ben;
    > You can not change the language of Windows.
    > If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
    >> Someone know how can change to english interface?
    >> thanks
    >> Ben

    Kenny,

    "The Windows XP/2000 MUI is sold only through Volume Licensing programs such as the Microsoft Open
    License Program (MOLP / Open), Select, and Enterprise agreement (or with a new computer as an OEM
    version at customer request). It is not available through retail channels."

    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/muifaq.mspx

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:eAjByOIWFHA.376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > what about MUI?
    >

    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    >> Ben;
    >> You can not change the language of Windows.
    >> If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.dts-l.org
    >>

    >> "Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uLevU2rVFHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
    >>> Someone know how can change to english interface?
    >>> thanks
    >>> Ben

    Kenny;
    The MUI is available to Volume License and a few other programs.
    It also is designed for the English version and the OP has Japanese.
    See this link for details:
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    http://www.dts-l.org

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > what about MUI?

    What about it? Only works on English versions.

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:eAjByOIWFHA.376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > what about MUI?
    >

    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    >> Ben;
    >> You can not change the language of Windows.
    >> If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.dts-l.org
    >>

    >> "Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
    >>> Someone know how can change to english interface?
    >>> thanks
    >>> Ben

    what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english
    version?

    > Kenny;
    > The MUI is available to Volume License and a few other programs.
    > It also is designed for the English version and the OP has Japanese.
    > See this link for details:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> what about MUI?

    And what would your method be to install this other language ? You would have to buy Windows XP in
    another language to install it.

    --

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:O1VGEYMWFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english version?
    >

    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    >> Kenny;
    >> The MUI is available to Volume License and a few other programs.
    >> It also is designed for the English version and the OP has Japanese.
    >> See this link for details:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.dts-l.org
    >>

    >> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:eAjByOIWFHA.376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    >>> what about MUI?

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Kenny;
    Good question.
    But I doubt it would work since all the documentation says otherwise.
    I will try it next week and see for myself.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    http://www.dts-l.org

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english
    > version?
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Ok let me rephrase that... what happens if you try in install an english MUI
    pack on top of a japanese XP?

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > And what would your method be to install this other language ? You would
    > have to buy Windows XP in another language to install it.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > In memory of Alex Nichol
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english
    >> version?
    >>

    >> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Kenny;
    >>> The MUI is available to Volume License and a few other programs.
    >>> It also is designed for the English version and the OP has Japanese.
    >>> See this link for details:
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.mspx
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    >>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    >>> http://www.dts-l.org
    >>>

    >>> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    You cant. The MUI can only be installed on an english version of Windows XP PRO as mentioned here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/muifaq.mspx#MUIques5

    Moreover, MUI's can only be acquired by VLK customers.

    --

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:%2323EvPbWFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Ok let me rephrase that... what happens if you try in install an english MUI pack on top of a
    > japanese XP?
    >

    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message news:OhiyCrOWFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    >> And what would your method be to install this other language ? You would have to buy Windows XP
    >> in another language to install it.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >> In memory of Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    >>
    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:O1VGEYMWFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >>> what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english version?
    >>>

    >>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    please post your findings, I can ty it too

    Thanks

    Kenny

    > Kenny;
    > Good question.
    > But I doubt it would work since all the documentation says otherwise.
    > I will try it next week and see for myself.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english
    >> version?

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Kenny;
    Installed Windows XP Pro French
    Inserted the MUI CD:
    "Windows XP Multilingual Interface Pack can only be installed on English
    Windows XP"
    Tried a few different ways with same result.

    --

    > please post your findings, I can ty it too
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Kenny
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    thanks for the input

    > Kenny;
    > Installed Windows XP Pro French
    > Inserted the MUI CD:
    > "Windows XP Multilingual Interface Pack can only be installed on English
    > Windows XP"
    > Tried a few different ways with same result.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> please post your findings, I can ty it too
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Kenny

Configuration Japanese Customization Microsoft Windows XP