How to change winxp interface from japanese to english?

May 12, 2005 6:41:05 PM

Hello,
I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
Someone know how can change to english interface?
thanks
Ben
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 6:41:06 PM

Ben;
You can not change the language of Windows.
If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
> Someone know how can change to english interface?
> thanks
> Ben
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 6:41:06 PM

Ben wrote:
> Hello,
> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
> Someone know how can change to english interface?

Purchase and install the English version of Windows XP.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

The module only for Japan locally. So that it don't have in English . Which
is SONY typeX media server series.
Anyway, thank you for your reply.
Ben

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:o e0aT8rVFHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Ben;
> You can not change the language of Windows.
> If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
>> Someone know how can change to english interface?
>> thanks
>> Ben

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 7:51:49 PM

what about MUI?

news:o e0aT8rVFHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Ben;
> You can not change the language of Windows.
> If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
>> Someone know how can change to english interface?
>> thanks
>> Ben

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 7:51:50 PM

Kenny,

"The Windows XP/2000 MUI is sold only through Volume Licensing programs such as the Microsoft Open
License Program (MOLP / Open), Select, and Enterprise agreement (or with a new computer as an OEM
version at customer request). It is not available through retail channels."

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/muifaq.m...

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:eAjByOIWFHA.376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> what about MUI?
>

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> news:o e0aT8rVFHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Ben;
>> You can not change the language of Windows.
>> If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uLevU2rVFHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello,
>>> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
>>> Someone know how can change to english interface?
>>> thanks
>>> Ben

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 7:51:50 PM

Kenny;
The MUI is available to Volume License and a few other programs.
It also is designed for the English version and the OP has Japanese.
See this link for details:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.m...

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> what about MUI?
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 3:25:55 AM

What about it? Only works on English versions.

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:eAjByOIWFHA.376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> what about MUI?
>

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> news:o e0aT8rVFHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Ben;
>> You can not change the language of Windows.
>> If you want Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Ben" <netben@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>> I have bought computer in Japan. It bundle with Japanese winxp pro.
>>> Someone know how can change to english interface?
>>> thanks
>>> Ben

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 3:46:36 AM

what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english
version?

> Kenny;
> The MUI is available to Volume License and a few other programs.
> It also is designed for the English version and the OP has Japanese.
> See this link for details:
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.m...
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>> what about MUI?

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 3:46:37 AM

And what would your method be to install this other language ? You would have to buy Windows XP in
another language to install it.

--

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:o 1VGEYMWFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english version?
>

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
>> Kenny;
>> The MUI is available to Volume License and a few other programs.
>> It also is designed for the English version and the OP has Japanese.
>> See this link for details:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.m...
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:eAjByOIWFHA.376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> what about MUI?

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 4:40:05 AM

Kenny;
Good question.
But I doubt it would work since all the documentation says otherwise.
I will try it next week and see for myself.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 1VGEYMWFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english
> version?
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:09:42 AM

Ok let me rephrase that... what happens if you try in install an english MUI
pack on top of a japanese XP?

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o hiyCrOWFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> And what would your method be to install this other language ? You would
> have to buy Windows XP in another language to install it.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexper...
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o 1VGEYMWFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english
>> version?
>>

>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
>>> Kenny;
>>> The MUI is available to Volume License and a few other programs.
>>> It also is designed for the English version and the OP has Japanese.
>>> See this link for details:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.m...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
>>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>>

>>> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:09:43 AM

You cant. The MUI can only be installed on an english version of Windows XP PRO as mentioned here:

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/muifaq.m...

Moreover, MUI's can only be acquired by VLK customers.

--

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:%2323EvPbWFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Ok let me rephrase that... what happens if you try in install an english MUI pack on top of a
> japanese XP?
>

> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message news:o hiyCrOWFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> And what would your method be to install this other language ? You would have to buy Windows XP
>> in another language to install it.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> In memory of Alex Nichol
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexper...
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:o 1VGEYMWFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english version?
>>>

>>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:11:39 AM

please post your findings, I can ty it too

Thanks

Kenny

> Kenny;
> Good question.
> But I doubt it would work since all the documentation says otherwise.
> I will try it next week and see for myself.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o 1VGEYMWFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> what will happen if you try to install another language on a non english
>> version?

Anonymous
May 17, 2005 4:04:28 AM

Kenny;
Installed Windows XP Pro French
Inserted the MUI CD:
"Windows XP Multilingual Interface Pack can only be installed on English
Windows XP"
Tried a few different ways with same result.

--

news:o Gnl0QbWFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> please post your findings, I can ty it too
>

> Thanks
>
> Kenny
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 5:50:11 PM