Battlefield2 demo ..

I've heard about a new demo for Battlefield2 .. anyone got the link for
it?

--
Slave. via www.savageforums.com
18 answers Last reply

    Slave wrote:
    > I've heard about a new demo for Battlefield2 .. anyone got the link for
    > it?

    It is not out yet. The released date was pushed back a bit.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco

    In article <4264c9d7$0$23076$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk>,
    nospam@nospam.no says...
    > Slave wrote:
    > > I've heard about a new demo for Battlefield2 .. anyone got the link for
    > > it?
    >
    > It is not out yet. The released date was pushed back a bit.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco

    actually, there's a game demo out, from what i understand, but only a
    "select few" have access to it. i've heard that a clan/game server
    community has a copy and some of their players have tried it. nothing
    substantial yet, but the rumor is firming up a bit.

    /CF

    heh .. I meant movie demo .. not game demo ..

    :p

    --
    Slave. via www.savageforums.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Slave wrote
    >heh .. I meant movie demo .. not game demo ..

    There are a load here:

    http://www.fileplanet.com/98272/0/section/Movies

    The one entitled "Battlefield 2 - Explosive Trailer [Insane Quality]" is
    pretty recent - could that be the one you're after?

    Cheers (and thanks to Malcolm for the link)

    --
    [AGB]Villy Vonka
    Sheffield, UK

    Villy Vonka wrote:
    > Slave wrote
    >
    >> heh .. I meant movie demo .. not game demo ..
    >

    > There are a load here:
    >
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/98272/0/section/Movies
    >
    > The one entitled "Battlefield 2 - Explosive Trailer [Insane Quality]" is
    > pretty recent - could that be the one you're after?
    >
    > Cheers (and thanks to Malcolm for the link)

    glad to oblige, a mere 275MB download..
    same as the QT one on the EA site but DVD resolution.

    theres about 1.5GB of BF2 gameplay movies out there at the moment.
    including the 600MB German Realease party one.
    whre they show off the engine and have 2 players demoing things.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Villy Vonka Wrote:
    > Slave wrote
    > >heh .. I meant movie demo .. not game demo ..
    >
    > There are a load here:
    >
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/98272/0/section/Movies
    >
    > The one entitled "Battlefield 2 - Explosive Trailer [Insane Quality]"
    > is
    > pretty recent - could that be the one you're after?
    >
    > Cheers (and thanks to Malcolm for the link)
    >
    > --
    > [AGB]Villy Vonka
    > Sheffield, UK
    > 'http://www.villyvonka.co.uk' (http://www.villyvonka.co.uk/)

    Wow! Just watched this and BF2 looks amazing! I better start saving up
    for a new PC now. Any idea what the min and max recommended specs are?

    --
    Norm- http://www.nbkgg.com
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Norm wrote:
    > Villy Vonka Wrote:
    >
    >>Slave wrote
    >>
    >>>heh .. I meant movie demo .. not game demo ..
    >>
    >>There are a load here:
    >>
    >>http://www.fileplanet.com/98272/0/section/Movies
    >>
    >>The one entitled "Battlefield 2 - Explosive Trailer [Insane Quality]"
    >>is
    >>pretty recent - could that be the one you're after?
    >>
    >>Cheers (and thanks to Malcolm for the link)
    >>
    >>--
    >>[AGB]Villy Vonka
    >>Sheffield, UK
    >>'http://www.villyvonka.co.uk' (http://www.villyvonka.co.uk/)
    >

    > Wow! Just watched this and BF2 looks amazing! I better start saving up
    > for a new PC now. Any idea what the min and max recommended specs are?

    just look atthe features and you should be able to determine what sort
    of system you'll need.
    http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/features.jsp

    Hmm Voice over IP well that means your going to need some processing
    muscle and a high end sound card to take some of the load off that
    processor is a good idea too.
    new engine, with immense maps and relistic physics and dynamic lighting-
    well that means high end video card for sure -say a 256mb 6800 series
    card minimum.
    load times will be long so I recommend 1GB low latency ram as well as a
    minimum.
    you do intend to play this online no? so gigabit ethernet and high speed
    broad band, make sure you get a nice fat pipe and if your ehternet is
    built into the board enure you can set it for full duplex.
    then there are peripherals. a decent joystick is a must logitech's
    extreme 3d pro is a great value.
    mouse, gotta have a mouse. I use and love the razer diamond back- pair
    it with a large low friction mat surface and adjust that 1600 dpi mouses
    sensitivity to your exact preference and your play will improve. also in
    game remapping your controls is helpful. for instance mapping the two
    side buttons for pistol and 'nades helps a great deal, well that and
    learning to snap the reticle at their face. The reticle snapping skill
    is especially effective with the shotgun and the SF weapons not so much
    with the barret.
    just some suggestions to get ready for BF2. You can go much high then
    these I just put some minimums out there (realistic ones not what the
    box will say).
    see you on the field.
    OC
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Old Chieftain" <OldChieftain@hotmailSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > Hmm Voice over IP well that means your going to need some
    > processing muscle and a high end sound card to take some of the
    > load off that processor is a good idea too.

    While I would agree that a sound card is vital to preventing the
    leeching of valuable CPU cycles, there's no need for a high end sound
    card. Our network connections prevent us from being able to need to
    process THAT kind of sound quality. I'd say anything from a Sound
    Blaster Live! on up would do just fine.

    But yeah, for the sake of your ears and your framerates: get a
    soundcard. Do NOT settle for onboard sound (unless you're already
    suffering from hearing loss and can't tell the difference between the
    two and don't mind the minor reduction in useful CPU power...).

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CingularDuality

    Norm wrote:
    > Villy Vonka Wrote:

    > Wow! Just watched this and BF2 looks amazing! I better start saving up
    > for a new PC now. Any idea what the min and max recommended specs are?

    I read in an interview somewhere, that if you could play Battlefield
    Vietnam comfortably, you would be able to play BF2. However, common
    sense indicates that you will probably need a step up from that, to
    really enjoy all the new features.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > That depends on the onboard sound. NVidia's Soundstorm is
    > excellent.

    Yeah, I've heard that. What motherboards are offering that chipset,
    though?
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CingularDuality
    TacticalGamer.com Administration
    http://www.TacticalGamer.com
    CS:Source server: 67.19.132.154:27015
    CS:Source server#2: 67.19.132.155:27015
    Battlefield 1942 Server IP: 67.19.26.150 (DC Final)
    Battlefield Vietnam Server IP: 67.19.26.147
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Andrew Wrote:

    > Quite a few NForce 2 ones, like my ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe. It sounds great
    > and gives me a lot less problems than the Creative cards I have used.

    I'll have to second that, Andrew.. I loved on-board audio on my A7N8X
    as well. The quality and clarity of the sound was better than most PCI
    add-on sound cards that I have ever used. I initially was planning on
    using my SB Audigy with that board, but had issues with it and figured
    I would have to "settle" for on-board sound.. Had I known how good it
    was to begin with, I would have never even tried installing the
    Audigy.

    --
    Apophis:: Posted from Tactical Gamer - http://www.TacticalGamer.com ::
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Apophis wrote:
    > Andrew Wrote:
    >

    >>Quite a few NForce 2 ones, like my ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe. It sounds great
    >>and gives me a lot less problems than the Creative cards I have used.
    >>

    > I'll have to second that, Andrew.. I loved on-board audio on my A7N8X
    > as well. The quality and clarity of the sound was better than most PCI
    > add-on sound cards that I have ever used. I initially was planning on
    > using my SB Audigy with that board, but had issues with it and figured
    > I would have to "settle" for on-board sound.. Had I known how good it
    > was to begin with, I would have never even tried installing the
    > Audigy.

    all your botique computer makers, alienware, falcon, vodoo, et al. are
    using pci sound cards for a reason. they wouldnt add to cost if they
    could help it.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    <Apophis.1o1phh@no-mx.tacticalgamer.com>, Apophis.1o1phh@no-
    mx.tacticalgamer.com said...

    > Andrew Wrote:
    > >

    > > Quite a few NForce 2 ones, like my ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe. It sounds great
    > > and gives me a lot less problems than the Creative cards I have used.
    > >

    > I'll have to second that, Andrew.. I loved on-board audio on my A7N8X
    > as well. The quality and clarity of the sound was better than most PCI
    > add-on sound cards that I have ever used. I initially was planning on
    > using my SB Audigy with that board, but had issues with it and figured
    > I would have to "settle" for on-board sound.. Had I known how good it
    > was to begin with, I would have never even tried installing the
    > Audigy.

    I noticed better sound and better game performance when I disabled the on-board
    Soundstorm and installed an Audigy.

    --
    Lansenerd
    www.agbgaming.com

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:58:54 +0200, Lansenerd <lansenerd@nowhere.com>
    wrote:

    >I noticed better sound and better game performance when I disabled the on-board
    >Soundstorm and installed an Audigy.

    Firingsquad.com did a good comparison of the Audigy 2 and Soundstorm 2
    chipset's and overall they came out about equal overall. CPU usage was
    very similar. Unfortunately I can't find it on the site now.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Lansenerd Wrote:

    > I noticed better sound and better game performance when I disabled the
    > on-board
    > Soundstorm and installed an Audigy.

    I had nothing but problems trying to run my Audigy on any nForce2
    motherboard. It might have been a problem with the Audigy, but it was
    a nightmare experience that ultimately led me back to building Intel
    machines.

    How would the sound card end up giving you better game performance?

    --
    Apophis:: Posted from Tactical Gamer - http://www.TacticalGamer.com ::
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:22:56 -0400, "BK24" <butternut@charter.net>
    wrote:

    >Too bad Nvidia has announced they are scrapping soundstorm.

    Indeed, I would have loved them to include it on the NForce 4
    platform.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Well I dont believe a gigabit network card aint helping if your broadband
    modem is max 100Mbit. So there you have your bottleneck.
    total nonsence to buy a giganetwork just for this game. you wont notice
    much of the speed is my opinion. What would help is a good videocard. But i
    would recommend just wait till the specs are out then find a proper card
    wich you also can pay.

    Well and ofcourse i cant wait till the new bf2 come out also.

    Till on the battlefield (2)

    RedBear1 out.

    (www.oagclan.com)
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Thanks for the links guys .. :)

    --
    Slave. via www.savageforums.com

Games Video Games