Computer starts up the shuts its self down again

Status
Not open for further replies.

outersight

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
hi all

This week i built my new computer and when i plugged it in and turned it on it start to boot up but then shuts down (between 3-5 seconds). This is starting to annoy me that much i went though and sent it my CPU back to my suppler and the said it was fine. Is there some thing that i have to do on this first time i boot it up or is there something else?

my computer specs:

motherboard: X79A-GD45 8D
processor: intel core i7 processor
processor fan:freezer i30
ram: vengence 2x8GB DDR3
graphics card:evga geforce gtx 660ti
hard drive: 2TB sea gate barracuda
power supply: powercool 750w
case:xpredator

If any one can help me with this problem please post a message and if you have any more question please ask

Solution
You say the CPU and PSU is known good - the next step would be to try the motherboard as rolli said. Fireup the PC barebones (mobo, ram, cpu, psu). If it goes straight through - it's something else. If it still continues to shutdown - it'd most likely be something on the mobo.

professorturtle

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
You say the CPU and PSU is known good - the next step would be to try the motherboard as rolli said. Fireup the PC barebones (mobo, ram, cpu, psu). If it goes straight through - it's something else. If it still continues to shutdown - it'd most likely be something on the mobo.

Solution

mike789

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Just a longshot, once I had a problem like this right after an upgrade and it seemed that the power button on the chassis would kind of stick on the actual button and cause the PC to shutdown seconds after boot, I opened it again,and I moved something there. Putting it back into the correct place solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.