• Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Blue Screen
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 16, 2012 5:37:16 AM

Hi everyone.

So im just going to get strait into it.

The infamous "NVLDDMKM.SYS" BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).

If you have recently purchesed a Nvidia GTX 200 series graphics card and was really excited to start playing thoughs games and then all of a sudden, Freezing games, Unresponsive PC, Then blue screen. Well i may finally have a solution to the problem for you guys and girls out there. I recently purchased a XFX Nvidia GTX 285 1GB and had problems right from the start. So i sent the card back to XFX to be replaced, however i still had the problem, even with the new one. So i started searching google for fixes and solutions. There were plenty although none seemed to work. So i decided to talk to Nvidia about the problem. They did not have a solution either but to replace the card, which i had already done so i knew that was not going to work. So i tried a few things, Reinstall drivers from safe mode, Update drivers to latest version, Install older version drivers, Update chipset drivers, Update windows, Update BIOS, all of which seemed to help, however only extended my gameplay from 5 min to about 10 min so i still had the problem. So i updated the NVLDDMKM.SYS from version 8.15.11.8593 to version 8.17.12.8562. Ever since i have not had a problem. I figure that, when you update or re-install your graphics driver the NVLDDMKM.SYS is not replaced by the new one it should be replaced with. Another thing to take into consideration is that the GTX 200 1GB series only allows you to use 648MB of that 1GB memory. And the older NVLDDMKM.SYS version had trouble allowing a application to use all of that memory, and when a application required the memory it could not deliver and caused a crashed system.

So, if you want to get your card working properly, First, Reinstall the latest driver in safe mode. Update chipset and bios to latest version, and most importantly update the NVLDDMKM.SYS to 8.17.12.8562. I have been able to play BF3 now for as long as i want without the BSOD or freezing issues. I hope i helped you guys and girls with this issue. However if i did not then please let me know asap. Thanks for reading and hope your gaming is consistent without issues, for once.

More about : nvlddmkm sys gtx 200 seires solutuions

June 17, 2012 2:36:07 AM

Also another thing which will help is to disable "CUDA" processing. I noticed with certain games such as GTA IV/EFLC stopped crashing ever since CUDA was disabled. You can do this with in the Nvidia Control Panel under "Manage 3D settings".
!