Sign in with
Your question

Screen goes black with 2 gpu's in game

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 16, 2012 6:16:26 AM

Recently I have had a problem with my computer where after playing a game for a short time my display will go black and no sound is given but the computer is still on. My gpu is the 5770 and when this happens the card flashes red, normally this means it's overheating, I have cleaned the card of dust completely and manually turned the fan speed to 100% and it still has happened. I have also tried to change the driver with an alternative software, but the problem persists. I next tried to put in my friend's spare gpu the 4830, the problem still occurs however it takes longer to cut the display and sound , I found it unlikely that both gpu's were overheating and was thinking maybe it was something else. At this point i'm pretty stumped and need any help on how to fix it.

Specs:
Motherboard:ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 / ATI Radeon HD 4830
Ram: 4gb DDR3 1333 MHz
PSU: Novatech 650W ATX Power Supply
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Thank you for any help.

More about : screen black gpu game

a c 200 U Graphics card
June 16, 2012 6:26:17 AM

with low end video cards like the 5770 and 550ti from nvidia...there only two things you can do to help the video card..if you want that high screen res you got turn off aa and turn everything down to low. if the card still over heats start by lowing the res of the game and opening the case side panel. in very small cases there little to no airflow..most new gaming cases have three fans..one pull in front or bottom and two in back blowing air out.
June 16, 2012 6:30:00 AM

Im only running my games at 1366x768 and I have 4 fans in my computer case aswell as a bigger fan built into the case, also this happens on any games even low graphical games like left 4 dead and fallout 3, but thank you .
!