NVIDIA installer failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyrules

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Hello everyone,

I wanted to update my drivers because I was trying to play a game and it mentioned that my drivers weren't up-to-date. So I went to the official nvidia website and downloaded the latest drivers: 301.42-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql and tried to install them. Whenever I try this it get's stuck at the graphics drivers and says NVIDIA installer failed.

Screenshot: http://i46.tinypic.com/rlgg83.png

Things that I've tried:

* Nvidia's clean installation option
* Used Driver Sweeper to remove previous Nvidia related files
* Tried to install it in safemode
* Disabled BitDefender (msconfig)
* Removed BitDefender

System specs:

Windows 7 64 Bit
Nividia Geforce GTX 570

I hope that someone has an idea.

Greetings,

Qwertyrules

correon

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Did you uninstall previous drivers - or just remove them? - i have tried to install new drivers on top of old - it did not work - but then i uninstalled old drivers - and restarted and installed new - that worked..

garciasr20

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Try renaming the folder "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation" , i tried many ways, deleting registry entries, system restore, traditional uninstall, compatibility mode, etc. but nothing worked, only when i got renamed that folder VOILA! it worked. (That worked for me).

princesiddiqui

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
It has compatibility issues, i have faced that problem. I have installed upgrade from "win 7 64 bit" to "win 7 64 bit service pack 1" then the latest nvidia driver worked fine.

here is a link,
http://download.microsoft.com/down [...] 32-X64.exe

follow these steps;

1-Install win 7 service pack 1 upgrade
2-Go to safe mode & uninstall nvidia driver.
3-Back to the windows and install latest nvidia driver.

JTH

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
You will NOT believe the solution I found for this. It blew my mind.

Instead of using the pack executable, find C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\304.79\WinXP\English (or whatever is appropriate for the driver you tried to install) and simply run the setup.exe you find there.

I know the pack is likely using that program anyway, but for some reason running from it there installed everything without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.