Need to buy this week. Complete new system

twatkins

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I need to build a complete new system this week. I have a budget of around $1500.00 but its not firm as I can expense it all anyways.

Approximate Purchase Date: This Week

Budget Range: $1500 but open

System Usage from Most to Least Important: very large excel files with many array formulas 500,000 lines+ , code compiling, sql management and execution of sql queriers, photo and video editing, a lot of software testing, and normal business and personal use.

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:new egg, tiger

Parts Preferences: Open but I do need 4 monitor support and fast video

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1200

Additional Comments: SSD is a must, quiet as much as possible, dont really need a killer looking case,

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
your request is somewhat flexible.

I would browse the forum and start with one of the other $1500 gaming builds. They all are pretty close to the same

Then to make the adjustments to fit your profile you only need a few tweaks:

Memory: max out all your memory slots so get 16gb at least, this is not an expensive upgrade and sounds like you may actually use it.

For quiet:
cases choose from here:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article75-page5.html
fan: 212evo is very quiet
PSU: seasonic is always the top dog here, but also maybe rebranded

GPU: If you are not gaming you don't need to spend $400 (25% of your budget) just for a card. A 100-200 card will do fine.
Once you have decided on a model (or got a suggestion from someone), lookup the reviews on techpowerup for the specific noise measurement. Asus tends to be quiet (although you maybe paying a premium for it).

others:
ssd: crucial m4 or samsung 830 128gb are the forum favorites
mobo: any z77 mobo asus and asrock urually are forum favorites

cpu:
i5 3570k is usually recommended to leave room for OC, but if you want to save the money 3450 or other cheaper i5 can come out a few $ cheaper.