Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Left my computer in a hot car in Australia... is it damaged?

Last response: in Components
December 21, 2012 7:41:04 PM

Hi guys I recently left my computer in a hot black car (in Australia) for about 4-6 hours. It has a black, Antec 300 case.
My power supply is pretty bad quality will it be damaged or are they rated at good temperatures?
I'm using the computer that was in the car to write this post.
Will any other components be damaged and should I take my computer to a repair shop before gaming?
a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 7:45:26 PM

Hi :) 

Lol it will be fine....

All the best Brett :) 
Score

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 7:46:02 PM

Unless a clip connector from the power supply melted, you should be fine. Just open the side panel and do a quick visual.
Related resources
December 21, 2012 7:46:17 PM

It should be fine...
Score
December 21, 2012 8:41:17 PM

Well, you're using it right now, so it's fine. Nothing should be damaged unless anything melted - and even that's pretty extreme under Australian weather lol

You say your PSU is pretty bad quality and you say you use your PC for gaming. Might want to upgrade before it manages to create a fireworks display lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjHOUonZO6U (like this! except with a psu)
Score
a b ) Power supply
December 21, 2012 10:21:45 PM

It should be alright, the electronics should not be affected by the temperatures reached in a car, and however the plastic of the case or construction of the computer could be affected.
Score
December 21, 2012 11:38:07 PM

As everyone here is saying,unless one of the plastic components is melted your good to go. The temps in a car even in black case wont reach the electronics fail temp
Score
December 22, 2012 7:09:20 AM

Thanks guys!
I am upgrading my power supply in a week or two.
Until then I just have to hope my components aren't damaged by dirty power ^^ (I've been using it for a month or two so far with this PSU/MB/CPU combo so it should be fine.)

Merry christmas!
Score
December 22, 2012 7:10:05 AM

Best answer selected by Xenharmonic.
Score
!