Budget Built What do you guys suggest

Hello, i'm thinking on building a new rig for office use mainly its all multitasking with different programs i have had one rig with a AMD X3 720 and it handles everything really well would like to stick with AMD for this built ,
i just want something faster that would load programs quicker and operate in general faster my budget for motherboard and cpu its $220
i been looking into the AMD FX6100 but seem to get mixed reviews on it , i would just like some suggestion which one i should go with this and what combo you guys think it better suits my needs.
13 answers Last reply
More about budget built guys suggest
  1. Just get a i3, even though it's a painful switch for you.
  2. Well... if you're multitasking a Core i3 would be a very minor upgrade over a Phenom II X3.
    I suggest going with a FX 8 core.Their multitasking performance is about the same as the Core i5s'.

    Buy this CPU
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009O7YU56/?tag=pcpapi-20

    And this motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157280&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

    This would be much better that a Core i3.
  3. Kamen_BG said:
    Well... if you're multitasking a Core i3 would be a very minor upgrade over a Phenom II X3.
    I suggest going with a FX 8 core.Their multitasking performance is about the same as the Core i5s'.

    Buy this CPU
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009O7YU56/?tag=pcpapi-20

    And this motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157280&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

    This would be much better that a Core i3.

    Lol, the i7 would beat the poop out of that thing.
  4. For $220 dollars with a motherboard?
  5. ryanwyvill1 said:
    For $220 dollars with a motherboard?

    Grrrrrrrrrrr, you questioned me ONE too many times!

    Processor
    Motherboard

    It's not the full $220 but that should give you extra money for better components.
  6. I have AMDs Fx-6300 and its a beast for the price you spent, i got mine OC to 4.7GHz and it speeds through everything i put on to it, i would highly Recommend you to go with the FX-6300,


    CPU $140
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286

    MOBO $70
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157280
  7. melikepie said:
    Lol, the i7 would beat the poop out of that thing.



    True but it would also cost about $300 dollars just to do so, Some of us are not rich like you Intel fans
  8. If you want fast loading get an SSD, but i3 definitely wins for CPU, especially for office work.
    Also, less watts = lower temps with smaller cooler = quieter for office work
    I agree with melikepie on his i3 and ASrock motherboard choice
  9. Robi_g said:
    If you want fast loading get an SSD, but i3 definitely wins for CPU, especially for office work.
    Also, less watts = lower temps with smaller cooler = quieter for office work
    I agree with melikepie on his i3 and ASrock motherboard choice



    I beg to differ, Everyone knows that when it comes to the AMD FX-6300 to VS any i3, The AMD FX-6300, Straight out Spanks all i3s Intel has to offer!!!
  10. I wouldn't bother with the 6100.

    However the 6300 is a considerable improvement over the 6100

    6300 vs i3

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/699?vs=677
  11. nitroexplosion said:
    I beg to differ, Everyone knows that when it comes to the AMD FX-6300 to VS any i3, The AMD FX-6300, Straight out Spanks all i3s Intel has to offer!!!

    lol
  12. nitroexplosion said:
    I beg to differ, Everyone knows that when it comes to the AMD FX-6300 to VS any i3, The AMD FX-6300, Straight out Spanks all i3s Intel has to offer!!!


    I say its 50:50, http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/699?vs=677

    and for an office build I'd go i3, so as to get the quieter build due to the lower TDP and therefore lower fan speeds required. I truly wish AMD would pull something out of the bag, but they have not done it yet.
  13. Z1NONLY said:
    I wouldn't bother with the 6100.

    However the 6300 is a considerable improvement over the 6100

    6300 vs i3

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/699?vs=677



    Didn't see yours.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Multitasking AMD Product