Sign in with
Your question

Traffic Monitoring Software

Last response: in Networking
August 9, 2011 1:27:59 PM

Hi all, if anyone can give me some idea about this issue I'm having it would be awesome.

Basically, I want to see how much traffic results from my browser accessing a certain website. I know there's traffic monitors for total traffic through a wireless connection the computer has, some antivirus suites have traffic monitoring per program, but those are instantaneous bandwidth usage rather than overtime transfer amount.

I don't own the website, so I don't need like traffic monitors of how many visitors the website takes per day, don't need that, not interested in it. I want to know when I use the website for an hour or so, how much data has been sent and received between me and the website.

If anyone can help me find the software that provides such functionality or explain if there's some tools in windows I could use.

I have thought about trying to figure out how much traffic goes to a certain IP, but the problem is that this is a wikia network, so the server you connect to that serves the website changes from time to time (at least that's what I've collected, maybe I'm wrong)

Thanks in advance.
August 9, 2011 4:19:26 PM

I think a company called Analog X or something similar had such a tool with their monitoring, but I'm not sure about it.
m
l
August 9, 2011 6:00:57 PM

hmm, thanks for the hint, it's a nifty website with some curious tools, but all they got is a traffic monitor of total bandwidth through specific network adapter, I'm more interested in traffic to specific IP, but I'm starting to think that'll require packet capture or something.
m
l
!