Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[HELP] HIS ATI 7750 shuts down Screen LCD & Freezes PC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 16, 2012 2:46:19 PM

[HELP] HIS ATI 7750 shuts down Screen LCD & Freezes PC

i just bought New HIS 7750 yesterday, but when i start any game or any Graphics related App or Windows 7 Score Index.
Its just Shuts down the Screen of LCD Keyboard & mouse don't respond & PC Freezes but machine keeps in running.

This Issue is with both Win7 & Win XP

- Also on System Starup (boot up) some times Bios does not detect Graphic Card at all.
- It plays 1 Long Beep, 3 Short Beeps
- I Un-Plug & Re-plug the Power Cable then it detects the Graphic Card Again.
- i do have latest Driver 12.4 from AMD site for my both Win7 64 bit & WinXp 32bit Windows OS.

My PSU Power Supply Pic:

NOTE:
1 Long Beep, 3 Short Beeps
One long beep followed by three short beeps means that either the video card isn't installed or the memory on the video card is bad. Reseating or replacing the video card will typically fix the cause of this Award beep code.

My PC Specs:

Monitor: Dell 21" LCD
CPU: Intel core 2 duo e8400 3.0Ghz
Motherboard: Asus p5Q-E p45
Memory: 4gb 800mhz ddr2
GPU: HIS ATI HD 7750 1gb iCooler
HDD: 500gb Sata2 + 1000gb Sata2
PSU Power Supply: 400 watts
Soundcard: creative x-fi ExtremeMusic + Creative 7.1 home theater system
a c 1408 U Graphics card
June 16, 2012 3:13:06 PM

Looks like the card might be bad. At least it is not making proper contact through the slot, so if the slot is clean RMA the card.
m
l
June 16, 2012 11:34:13 PM

check my power supply picture
m
l
Related resources
a c 1408 U Graphics card
June 16, 2012 11:52:13 PM

DevilMind said:
check my power supply picture

Can not! Something wrong with it.
m
l

Best solution

a c 199 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 12:00:16 AM

Your PSU only has 240W on +12V; that's assuming the label is accurate, and I'd bet my right nad it isn't. What video card did you have before?
Since it sometimes works, but shuts down when you put a load on the GPU (game or test), that suggests your PSU can't hack it, and is wandering so far out of spec that your PC shuts down. A HD7750 only needs around 56W, but after you add your CPU, high-end mobo, fans and drives, you may very well be maxing out what it can produce.
I would suggest replacing it, ASAP. A 380W Antec Earthwatts or 400W Corsair CX would be sufficient for your system. Depending on deals and/or rebates, expect to spend no more than $45, likely less, for either of those.
June 24, 2012 2:07:37 AM

Best answer selected by DevilMind.
m
l
a c 199 U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 2:31:56 AM

Thanks. I also noticed the -5V rail; that's obsolete, which means that PSU is so old that capacitor aging (or outright failure) may have reduced its useful capacity still further. Hopefully all will be well with your system once you get a replacement.
A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch; the Antec VP-450 is a notable exception), and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency (the VP-450 is efficient enough to qualify, but is disqualified because of the lack of active PFC). Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands.
m
l
June 24, 2012 1:45:11 PM

Onus said:
Your PSU only has 240W on +12V; that's assuming the label is accurate, and I'd bet my right nad it isn't. What video card did you have before?
Since it sometimes works, but shuts down when you put a load on the GPU (game or test), that suggests your PSU can't hack it, and is wandering so far out of spec that your PC shuts down. A HD7750 only needs around 56W, but after you add your CPU, high-end mobo, fans and drives, you may very well be maxing out what it can produce.
I would suggest replacing it, ASAP. A 380W Antec Earthwatts or 400W Corsair CX would be sufficient for your system. Depending on deals and/or rebates, expect to spend no more than $45, likely less, for either of those.

Bought a new FSP GROUP INC 400W | Dual +12V Rails = 18+18=36 Amps (Heavy WEIGHT PSU)

Now everything works fine!
m
l
a c 199 U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 2:12:45 PM

Excellent!
m
l
!