Stumpy77

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Alright, I just bought a "HIS radeon HD 4670" for my 2003 Sony Vaio PCV-RZ26G. Upon reading instructions i tried uninstalling my old graphics drivers throught the device manager, never seemed to work till one time the display was cleary bigger and grainier. I then powered down, unpluged everything, put in new one, installed new drivers with cd and Wa-La it works, a little glitchy but only because still have older cpu so thats just bottlenecking but still is working. Now friend was over btw and suggests that i change the dpi to 120 because of my 42" screen with tiny icons so did then restarted and then I think I remeber nothing like no signal or something with errors, eventually i got to change it back but dont know if it did any real damage because now no signal but comp still booting up but without beep meaning I guess its not finding graphics card, so turn off for night and tried in morning and it works. Soooooo..... next i got to running game update and an hour in my comp froze, so restarted and again no signal with no beep, eventually fourms tell me its the cmos battey because when its does beep and get signal it says CPU hung for frequency meaning battery dead and couldnt save my info(also explains why it starts up fine once a day then nothing because of the little juice it gets back im guessing), so i go get 5 dollar battery and changes nothing, in fact'd i think it would never work.

Now with all that crap there I'm at the point were it most likely is going to be my BIOS that is needing updating, again its what the fourms are telling me but since every problem is different in its own little way I'm posting this because i'm going to make sure before i go and spend anymore money. Reason why is.. 1. worked first time meaning if BIOS cant see it now, how did it at begining? and 2. Bios updates aparently arent free for me atleast, 30 dollars, please.

As for other info, the BIOS maker is "Award", now "Phoenix" aparentlly. Other questions like power supply is 400w and is very minimum but others have it work and yes connected the aug. power to it.

Im stumped, any help appreciated.

THANKS

Stumpy77

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Well I've been to this site before but its to install the original version, no update. But I went to the Award software site and they rederect you to BiosAgentPlus.com, where of course they say theres an update. so the thing is that it wont even reconize the card because of no beep. If it is power then why does it not always start all the way up, then freeze and not just barely work once then never again?

Stumpy77

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Hmm, dont know why the "masters" or "veterans" can ever give same answer but the radeon 4670 worked with my old pc with 400w for awhile untill now get no beep meaning it cant find the card. now either it is the BIOS being out of date or something else, but if it is the psu then why did it work once and not no more?

Stumpy77

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Ok, last time i ask you guys, and please no dumb answers.

radeon Hd 4670 works with old pc untill I install everything, have to restart, then no signal and when power down then back up it work till it say CPU hung for improper frequency, then boot up all the way up without signal.

"connected power with old drivers uninstalled", (have to say because some people will ask without understanding that I said it works because I did that till installed new drivers)

400w : works, if know reason why not then explain, not just more power
RAM : took out and back in, not it
BIOS : some no's and yes's, comon really????
CMOS Battery : got new one and nothing, so...

2nd time trying using AMD site this time rather than CD first time for drivers

Here is the score with trouble shooting computers! Some issues are impossible to nail down to a single part because they can be multiple parts causing it. Often the only way to be sure is swap parts between systems for example if you have what you think is a bad GPU then you try it in another system and it works fine, still you are not there because next is it the motherboard or the PSU that are giving up!