Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need help, computer is messing up after 3years!

Last response: in Systems
August 7, 2012 3:10:13 AM

This is my friends computer and since he doesnt have an account I am asking the question on this thread for him.

Now, This is what he said:
"Okay, i opened up my comp did some cleaning. Disconnected some things that weren't connected to anything. Put thermal paste onto the processor like usual, closed it back up and did a virus check and sweep then the comp froze I restarted it again and then it happened again. Also the screen flickers alot whenever it does get into the desktop, I re downloaded all of the drivers and still the same problem."

I have a picture the blue screen errors and I will post them on a reply below, but please help.

If any questions just ask and I will pass on the question to him.

Thanks again!
August 7, 2012 3:24:09 AM

Umm...did he reconnect the things that weren't connected to anything? Does part of his regular maintenance include putting thermal paste on his CPU?
Related resources
August 7, 2012 4:17:09 AM

"Yes I did. But that was for my soundcard and that works fine. and now my OS won't load"

Best solution

August 7, 2012 2:07:26 PM

You could start by checking the RAM, but I have serious concerns over applying thermal paste to a CPU. You don't ever need to do that if a PC has been running fine for three years as is. Try running it with one stick of RAM, if it doesn't work try a different stick.
September 6, 2012 9:58:09 PM

Best answer selected by Exilary6661.
!