What are my options for video cards?

Phobosares

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Hello guys, I recently lost my ASrock X58 Extreme motherboard (LGA 1366) due to failure. Fortunately, all my components did not die or get damaged in the loss of the motherboard. However, I recently ordered the dying LGA-1366 motherboard replacement known as the Asus Sabertooth x58.

Little did I know, that upon receiving the motherboard; is that the PCI-E 2.0 slots are very close than my previous SLI motherboards. So now when I play games with Nvidia surround (3 monitor setup) with 2 of my GTX 460's, the top card starts to overheat. So to combat this, I decided the buy a temp controlled side fan, but it would not fit due to the CPU heatsink getting in the way. I can't return the motherboard, due to open package.

I am running out of luck in every corner, and since I am saving up for a car, I need to get myself the most cost effective solution that will allow me to still play in Surround mode with high video settings.

If I were to sell my two GTX 460's, what could replace two cards with one card, and that one card be powerful to handle the performance requirements?

I am willing to go either Nvidia or ATI, since ATI has its own version of surround which is Eyefinity. I basically want a single very powerful graphics card that can play games like skyrim maxed out in three monitor mode.

Thanks.