beeson76

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
I have a weird network Problem.

First off I have a ATT modem, can tell you right now what it is but I don't think its the problem anyway.

Belkin N1 Vision Router

D'link Dap 1522 acting as a bridge.

I just got the Dap 1522 yesterday.

I had trouble setting it up, manual is absolutely horrible—doesnt provide basic things such as how long to hold reset button for it to reset, what a blinking led means, etc (numerous other things). After calling Tech Support they had me accessing it completely different than the manual says (I had to change to a static IP address 192.168.0.70 and plug directly into the back of my computer to just to get to the setup in firmware.)

Well I get that setup, and everything seems to be working great. I have the DAP 1522 acting as a wireless bridge to my 2 media boxes under the TV (Med8er MD500x, and IOBox 100 by Dragontech).

But then I completely lose them. I also lose access to the network on my XP machine. The Windows 7 machine barely gets by accessing my XP machine, but only really hits and misses as far as accessing the media players.

But when I make a major change like changing the IP address on my Med8er, or XP machine, or by resetting the DAP 1522 do I gain access to everything again from everything. But again after a short while (like 3 minutes) I start losing accessibility again. I can even be playing something on my XP machine off my media player, and just lose access to it.

Can someone point me in the wrong direction. Does it sound like a bad DAP 1522?

Thanks for any help provided.

wcallas

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I am having the EXACT same problem, I just created a thread about it yesterday, no responses yet.

Have you had any luck figuring out how to fix it?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :/