Unidentified crashing problem: Help!!!

Recently did my first build, super happy with it, bar 1 problem that's got me incredibly frustrated. When I view online videos (ie youtube), my computer sometimes crashes. It doesn't do it all the time, just when it is the most inconvenient >:( And often when it does do it, it does it again and again if I keep trying to watch videos.

No problems with offline videos, gaming or anything else online.

Here's what I'm working with:

ASUS P8Z68
intel 2500k
Gigabyte ATI 5770 Radeon
G.Skill RipjawsX 8gb DDR3 (2x4GB)1600
SEAGATE Barracuda 12 1Tb 3.5" SATA hdd
Thermaltake 600W PSU
2 x 23" Philips monitors
64 Window 7 professional

I've tried reinstalling flash, browser (chrome), cleaning registry, temps are sweet (obviously; goes fine on gaming). It's driving me mental. I'm a newbie, so any help much appreciated.
Cheers
13 answers Last reply
More about unidentified crashing problem help
  1. one thing you should do is download the latest drivers for your 5770 from amd website and install them....let me know if this helps your issue.
  2. Sorry, forgot to say, I've done that too - all up to date. Cheers for the reply
  3. the good thing about this is that it seems to definitely be a software issue. try using a different browser for a bit and see if the problem persists.
  4. Cheers, I'll give Firefox a go. Might take a couple days to figure out if it works (because it's such a temperamental problem), but I'll let you know. Thanks again :)
  5. no problem man will be waiting to hear back from you...I know changing browsers is not a permanent fix (we all have our browsers we are attached to) but it might shed some light on the situation. Also it may just be a compatibility issue with the current browser you use and if thats the case you just have to wait for an update to fix that.
  6. have you tried updating your BIOS?
  7. Thought everything was going well with a different browser until last night when it flared up again :( I've never tried updating BIOS before, but I'm a bit hesitant after a quick read about it. Anyone got any other suggestions?
  8. try another browser haha....which ones have you tried so far?
  9. Chrome and firefox. Next best?
  10. try internet explorer and see if that is any different...IE is usually pretty stable...kind of weird that it was fine for like a week and then it just came back randomly
  11. yeah sounds strange have you tried re-installing crome?
  12. Yea ive tried reinstalling chrome a couple times. I'll give IE a go for the first time in about 10 years
  13. I hate IE but i dont know maybe patch your chrome?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems