CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 ATX LGA1155
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V
Just recently started running Windows 8 PRO x64

So here's the issue. Right now my cpu is running at 66C just while using Chrome. When I start running games and other software, it jumps up to 85-95 , which even though I don't know much about OCing, I know that is WAY too high.

So when I start the computer up, the stock fan speeds on up and is running fine. But when it starts getting higher in temperature, it never kicks back on. Does anyone know what the issue could be? I ordered a Cooler master Hyper 212 evo yesterday and it should be here on Monday or Wednesday, depending on whether or not they deliver on christmas eve. Anyway, I want to be able to play games with my current stock fan. Everything I've read (both on here and other places) say that a stock fan will work just fine even if you OCed up to 4.0ghz in some cases.

I would greatly appreciate any help. The fan obviously works, I just don't know why it's not kicking in when it's supposed to. I'm using Speccy to measure the temperature.

nordsky

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I'm not overclocking as of yet. Once I get the new cooler I'll OC a bit, but I'll learn about that when I get to that. For now, I just want to figure out what's happening with my current fan.