Sign in with
Your question

Boot/power failure

Last response: in Systems
August 7, 2012 6:24:23 AM

IN REFERENCE TO MY PREVIOUS POST (g31-m7 te MAINBOARD POSSIBLY FRIED) POWER TRIES TO COME ON, FANS SPIN, UNTIL I RELEASE POWER BUTTON...THEN NOTHING. NO BOOT. TRIPLE CHECKED ALL LEADS AND CONNECTIONS FROM POWER SUPPLY TO MAINBOARD (TRIED 500w and 750w) JUST NEED VERIFICATION THAT THIS INDEED IS A FRIED MAINBOARD...

More about : boot power failure

August 7, 2012 6:34:07 AM

Im not sure about previous post but did you try reseting CMOS and each componenet i.e. RAM, VGA and CPU (if possible)
If you have 2 sticks of ram try it with 1 stick then change the slot.

I have exactly the same problem with Asus P5KC but when I trun off and on the system few times and it starts without any problems. (I susspect that 1 of ddr slots is damaged but not 100% sure)
a b B Homebuilt system
August 7, 2012 6:38:20 AM

Leonard_28 said:
IN REFERENCE TO MY PREVIOUS POST (g31-m7 te MAINBOARD POSSIBLY FRIED) POWER TRIES TO COME ON, FANS SPIN, UNTIL I RELEASE POWER BUTTON...THEN NOTHING. NO BOOT. TRIPLE CHECKED ALL LEADS AND CONNECTIONS FROM POWER SUPPLY TO MAINBOARD (TRIED 500w and 750w) JUST NEED VERIFICATION THAT THIS INDEED IS A FRIED MAINBOARD...

I'd be glad to help you solve your problem but there is NO NEED TO TYPE LIKE THIS, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE SCREAMING.

Please, list your FULL system specs, os and the things you did to your PC before the problem started.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 7, 2012 6:51:22 AM

nightylike said:
Im not sure about previous post but did you try reseting CMOS and each componenet i.e. RAM, VGA and CPU (if possible)
If you have 2 sticks of ram try it with 1 stick then change the slot.

I have exactly the same problem with Asus P5KC but when I trun off and on the system few times and it starts without any problems. (I susspect that 1 of ddr slots is damaged but not 100% sure)

Thanks for reply... Cannot reset CMOS without some kind of boot...changed out old battery, pulled all cards and just tried using mainboard graphics. Still no power when I release button, but fans spin for a sec. I will try moving RAM sticks first, but if I need a new CPU, I'll hold out to find full ATX mainboard and upgrade all components to fit in new antec 900 gaming case...existing mainboard is 3-4 years old. Maybe it's time since I'm trying to get GTX 560ti card up and running to replace ati 4700 series card, also outdated...just need to find one that uses all the front panel leads and usb3 in the antec 900 case. But thanks again for suggestions...L
August 7, 2012 7:17:10 AM

aqualipt said:
I'd be glad to help you solve your problem but there is NO NEED TO TYPE LIKE THIS, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE SCREAMING.

Please, list your FULL system specs, os and the things you did to your PC before the problem started.

Sorry about "screaming", thanks for reply...Problem started when I tried moving internal components to new antec 900 gaming case. Trying to replace old graphics card and power supply to accomodate GTX 560ti card for better air flow, more room. Using the existing motherboard for now, biostar G31-M7 TE, XP os, intel processor dual core, 2 patriot sticks of RAM 800mhz, board maxed at 4 gb, 2 cd rom drives, floppy, ati 4700 series card and a usb 2.0 expander card. Thinking possibly older motherboard (micro atx) could not handle Power unit at 750 w up from 500? Switched out PSU twice , same result. Used different power outlets and surge protectors, no success...lights and fans come on momentarily until I release button. No boot. Sure seems fried to me, but not 100% sure.
a b B Homebuilt system
August 7, 2012 7:46:09 AM

Leonard_28 said:
Sorry about "screaming", thanks for reply...Problem started when I tried moving internal components to new antec 900 gaming case. Trying to replace old graphics card and power supply to accomodate GTX 560ti card for better air flow, more room. Using the existing motherboard for now, biostar G31-M7 TE, XP os, intel processor dual core, 2 patriot sticks of RAM 800mhz, board maxed at 4 gb, 2 cd rom drives, floppy, ati 4700 series card and a usb 2.0 expander card. Thinking possibly older motherboard (micro atx) could not handle Power unit at 750 w up from 500? Switched out PSU twice , same result. Used different power outlets and surge protectors, no success...lights and fans come on momentarily until I release button. No boot. Sure seems fried to me, but not 100% sure.

*If the problem started right when you switeched cases then try reinstalling your PC in its old case and see what happens

*Any motherboard can handle any amaunt of wattage, you put a 1500w PSU in a microATX board if you want

*The problems seems to be your case, did you installed the stand offs?? try to simply place your system in the case but DO NOT connect any wires from your case to your motherbard (make sure that your PSU is off.... you know the little "I/O" in the back? switch it to "O") and when everything is placed correctly simply switch your PSU on and your system should boot.

If that doesnt help let me know.
!