Cannot remove video card

theowne_86

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
I am at a loss here. I have simple not been able to figure out how to remove this video card from my case (I'm somewhat of a newbie). I need to look at the video card's fan as its been making a vibrating noise.

Here is a high res picture of the card inside my PC.

http://i.imgur.com/mWbqy.jpg

And here is a lower res shot of the outer plates. Yes I have removed that screw on there before attempting.

http://i.imgur.com/xd3g8.jpg

However, the video card seems stuck in place. I have tried pushing down on the left side of that white tab which I assume is the switch for the PCI-E slot, the tab depresses *slightly* to the left, but the video card won't come out, it will only come up slightly towards the end that the tab is on, but so slight that I feel like I'm simply forcing it up (i.e., not naturally coming out as it probably should).

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much in advance.

Solution
if it not the clip holding it in but the card is jammed betwee nthe mb and the case try losing the mb standoff so the mb slides back away from the rear of the case. sometime that .5 inch will let a big card fall out.

theowne_86

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
I already said that I tried the "simple stuff" and there is something preventing easy release. Which is why I posted pictures hoping someone would notice what it could be.

But I guess some prefer to snipe at people.....thanks anyways.

looks like from the first photo your friend put the card in a little to the rear of the pci slot and is stuck a little in the pci retainer clip.I would try a flat blade screwdriver and press in on the rear of the retainer clip to open it up and see if the card will pop out.

There is a little white tab at the rear of the slot. It locks the card in place. You need to open the latch to the side. It is spring loaded, so you need to hold it open while you lift the card out.

I presume you have already removed the rear panel screws. That bracket at the rear will also have to be lifted off.

theowne_86

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

Thanks! That's what I was looking for. He mentioned having had some trouble fitting it into place so perhaps you are right. I'll give it a shot.

If you can't deal with newbies without snideness, I suggest avoiding threads about things that seem simple to you. Thanks.

That is what is called constructive criticism. If youd like me to sugar coat it for you, I wont. There is a certain amount of common sense that comes with owning a gaming PC. And if you take it as being snide, thats on you. But feel free to keep all that dust and dirt on the inside of the PC and see how long it lasts ya. The inside of ANY PC should be clean and especially a gaming PC. Looks like that got dragged thru the desert behind a sand rail.

theowne_86

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Constructive criticism and snideness are very different things, and if you want to learn how to give the former without including the latter, I suggest you begin by learning from the less egotistical posters on this site. Thanks.