Can ati radeon hd 3200 be updated with a driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobalt_h20

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Hi,

Have a ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card, would like to update with driver. Is this possible, or should I purchase another card and instal ?

Also, what would be the best updated card?

Much appreciation

not tech savvy

Solution
You can update your graphics thru AMD's website under their Download tab. Not sure any of the new drivers will pertain to the 3200 series though as thats pretty outdated.

As for adding in a new card, you can probably do that but list your specs and everything so we can better help ya out.

As for which card, itll depend on how much youre wanting to spend, what resolutions youre gaming at and what kind of power supply you have.

axe1592

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
You can update your graphics thru AMD's website under their Download tab. Not sure any of the new drivers will pertain to the 3200 series though as thats pretty outdated.

As for adding in a new card, you can probably do that but list your specs and everything so we can better help ya out.

As for which card, itll depend on how much youre wanting to spend, what resolutions youre gaming at and what kind of power supply you have.

Solution
You can update the drivers, but if you are looking for a performance boost, then it's best to buy a new video card since a driver update can only boost performance so much; typically at best 3%, and I'm pretty sure AMD stopped optimizing drivers specifically for the HD 3200 a long time ago.

If you need help choosing a new vide card you need to specific exactly what make and model PC you currently have. If you can also list the specific components and power supply that would be even better.

kobalt_h20

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

Hello,

Thanks for responding, much appreciated. Hope I got this right:

Windows Visa Home Premium/Gateway Model GT5692, AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor 2.10 GHTZ, 4.00 GB, 64-bit Operating System.

(please let me know if I've missed something)

Not so much for gaming, but for the graphics software I'm working with. As far as how much dinero I'm willing to spend, somewhere in the middle range.

Thanks again in advance for your help.
kb

axe1592

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Looking at the specs on your system, youve got an extra PCIE x16 slot which would be great for dropping in a new video card. Problem is, your power supply is only 300 watts rated which means it probably will be less than that considering yours is a pre built system. Not to fear though cause you should still be able to find something thats a nice upgrade for you.

This Powercolor 7770 for $130 shipped would be a good one. Max draw is around 250 at the wall which should be within your power supply's capability. Itll even be able to play most games with some decent settings and frame rates too.

Is getting time to upgrade though. That system is getting pretty long in the tooth. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.