• Graphics Cards
  • Gigabyte
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 11:25:49 AM

Hello,
i'm using a gigabyte Z77 - D3H in my rig and i'm looking to upgrade my card to a GTX 680. i'm aware that the Z77 is a more budget mobo but will it support something high end like the 680?

More about : buying graphics card

a c 131 U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 11:47:11 AM

Any motherboard will support any graphics card. You can just plug it straight in.

Z77 isn't budget (more like enthusiast), I'd consider something like H61 to be a budget 1155 board.

No need for the GTX680, a GTX670 will hit its performance with an overclock and is $100 cheaper.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2012 8:26:03 AM

manofchalk said:
Any motherboard will support any graphics card. You can just plug it straight in.

Z77 isn't budget (more like enthusiast), I'd consider something like H61 to be a budget 1155 board.

No need for the GTX680, a GTX670 will hit its performance with an overclock and is $100 cheaper.

Thank you for the help! I'm new to PC (been a console gamer until very recently) but I'm interested in learning more about building them.

enthusiast eh? well that's good, i'm just going from what i read in my copy of PC format.
been looking at Ebay auctions for 680's though and the price difference is not too much (£360 ish for a good as new card). I shall have a look at 670's though, thank you again!
!