Closed Solved

What UPS will do the job?

Hey, I'm in the market for a UPS to run a few things. I want to get one to keep my ONT + router run during a black out, as well as my Raspberry Pi + a monitor for it. My friend said a 600W UPS should do the job but I'm unsure, I would like it to run for a few hours. The ONT sucks about 12W if I remembered correctly, the monitor about 27, the Pi about 3.5W, and I'm unsure about the router (its a standard Actiontec one from Verizon). Thanks for any help in advance!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what
  1. A 600W (1000VA) UPS will not meet your requirements. You need a 1400VA or more. http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=29&tab=models (set Power Draw to 50W as your requirements are slightly lower and select models that provide the correct voltage for your environment). You can presume that a similar UPS from another manufacturer would provide approximately the same run time.
  2. Best answer
    The Actiontec router consumes 16 Watts so that brings your total power consumption up to 58.5 Watts.

Based on a load value of 60 Watts and 3 hour run time here are some various UPS selectors minimum estimates:

Eaton Corporation
    Best Value: Rating (VA/Watts) 1000/700
    Best Performance: Rating (VA/Watts) 1000/900

Tripp Lite
    1000VA/750Watts

Cyber Power
    1000VA/750Watts
  3. Best answer selected by payturr.
  4. ko888 said:
    The Actiontec router consumes 16 Watts so that brings your total power consumption up to 58.5 Watts.

Based on a load value of 60 Watts and 3 hour run time here are some various UPS selectors minimum estimates:

Eaton Corporation
    Best Value: Rating (VA/Watts) 1000/700
    Best Performance: Rating (VA/Watts) 1000/900

Tripp Lite
    1000VA/750Watts

Cyber Power
    1000VA/750Watts

Thank you sir, hopefully I'll find a solid UPS with 750W! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Routers Monitors Components