Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Radeon HD 6750

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 17, 2012 3:10:13 AM

Hey, i have a Radeon HD 6750 and found out that my PSU cant connect to/power it (old PSU that came with this build) and i need a newer one, could you recommend me a list of compatible PSU (at different price range).

CPU: Intel Celeron e3300 2.5ghz (http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Celeron-Processor-Socket-LG...)

Motherboard: asrock g41 vs2 (http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?model=g41m-vs2)

Ram : 3gb(1 gb cached , ??? really)

If you're wondering why my computer is built with cheap stuff take Note: my country sell i5 for $400 USD (be glad you live in the USA)

More about : radeon 6750

a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 3:29:46 AM

That Celeron might be a minor performance problem, but I can recommend a PSU anyway. A decent 400w PSU should be enough for the 6750. A Corsair, Antec, or Seasonic PSU brand PSU would be preferable. Don't get a crap brand. Skimping on a PSU is the worst place to skimp on in a computer because a bad PSU can kill all other components in your computer.
m
l
June 17, 2012 3:38:58 AM

blazorthon said:
That Celeron might be a minor performance problem, but I can recommend a PSU anyway. A decent 400w PSU should be enough for the 6750. A Corsair, Antec, or Seasonic PSU brand PSU would be preferable. Don't get a crap brand. Skimping on a PSU is the worst place to skimp on in a computer because a bad PSU can kill all other components in your computer.

Ive looked at a high recommended corsair brand and they seem to have buzzing problems and are easy to fail
m
l
Related resources
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 3:41:12 AM

That is completely against both my experiences with Corsair PSUs, the common consensus with them on this site, and the common consensus of every other site that I'm aware of. Corsair is generally regarded as one of the top brands for PSUs.
m
l
June 17, 2012 3:56:22 AM

blazorthon said:
That is completely against both my experiences with Corsair PSUs, the common consensus with them on this site, and the common consensus of every other site that I'm aware of. Corsair is generally regarded as one of the top brands for PSUs.

ok i see, when i look at reviews and see 1 star i dont count out the product , what i do is read why they rated it 1 star. so if the 1 star was about the product been use failing and multiple people say the same thing then that would be a cause for concern ,but if the 1 star is someone blabbing about build quality(e.g a headphone will be made of durable plastic but the person feels that its plastic and hence cheap) or they aren't pretty then thats nothing to worry about. and would you mind telling me which headphone you use ? im gonna order (the sennheiser HD 449) with the PSU.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 4:48:41 AM

xxdobermanxx said:
ok i see, when i look at reviews and see 1 star i dont count out the product , what i do is read why they rated it 1 star. so if the 1 star was about the product been use failing and multiple people say the same thing then that would be a cause for concern ,but if the 1 star is someone blabbing about build quality(e.g a headphone will be made of durable plastic but the person feels that its plastic and hence cheap) or they aren't pretty then thats nothing to worry about. and would you mind telling me which headphone you use ? im gonna order (the sennheiser HD 449) with the PSU.

Can you give me a link to this(these) Corsair PSUs that supposedly suck? This is definitely something that I'd like to look into. Also, I'm not very experienced with headphones and would not be able to recommend a pair.
m
l
June 17, 2012 4:52:44 AM

blazorthon said:
Can you give me a link to this(these) Corsair PSUs that supposedly suck? This is definitely something that I'd like to look into. Also, I'm not very experienced with headphones and would not be able to recommend a pair.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-430-Watt-Certified-Compat...
read the the lower star comments also try newegg all have the same thing in common, buzzing sound from the PSU and the PSU failing
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 5:00:17 AM

Quote:
For those that don't know, the +3.3V is used to power your processor. It's not something with a lot of tolerance and certainly not a 33% tolerance.

... Pulled strait from one of those reviews. This guy is completely wrong. CPUs use 12v power, not 3.3v power. I wouldn't put much considerations into what these people say. If you get one that has problems, then you RMA it and you'll get a replacement. Chances are that some of these people were doing something wrong, especially with how most of the reviews are five star reviews. Regardless, if you don't want to buy Corsair, then simply don't buy Corsair. Antec and Seasonic are still great brands.
m
l
June 17, 2012 5:07:39 AM

blazorthon said:
Quote:
For those that don't know, the +3.3V is used to power your processor. It's not something with a lot of tolerance and certainly not a 33% tolerance.

... Pulled strait from one of those reviews. This guy is completely wrong. CPUs use 12v power, not 3.3v power. I wouldn't put much considerations into what these people say. If you get one that has problems, then you RMA it and you'll get a replacement. Chances are that some of these people were doing something wrong, especially with how most of the reviews are five star reviews. Regardless, if you don't want to buy Corsair, then simply don't buy Corsair. Antec and Seasonic are still great brands.

i see that but since you are familiar with PSU what would cause a PSU to emit a high pitch noise? also i know the psu will shut the pc down in the cause of overload (ive read its a safety measure).
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 5:13:24 AM

xxdobermanxx said:
i see that but since you are familiar with PSU what would cause a PSU to emit a high pitch noise? also i know the psu will shut the pc down in the cause of overload (ive read its a safety measure).

I don't know the technicalities of it, but high-pitched noises are generally coil whine, a usually safe but annoying issue with some of the internals of some electronic devices. I think that it's caused by a slightly faulty transformer when the sound normally made by the transformer gets low enough that humans can hear it (it's usually way too high-pitched for human ears to notice it). It generally doesn't mean that a failure is going to happen, just that the transformer is now going to annoy the heck out of you until you replace the PSU or other device suffering from this problem.
m
l
June 17, 2012 5:21:47 AM

blazorthon said:
IM don't know the technicalities of it, but high-pitched noises are generally coil whine, a usually safe but annoying issue with some of the internals of some electronic devices. I think that it's caused by a slightly faulty transformer when the sound normally made by the transformer gets low enough that humans can hear it (it's usually way too high-pitched for human ears to notice it). It generally doesn't mean that a failure is going to happen, just that the transformer is now going to annoy the heck out of you until you replace the PSU or other device suffering from this problem.

Ok lol , you seem to have confidence in this brand, what about antec? do you know of any other corsair brand that could match this one ?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l

Best solution

a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 5:24:20 AM

That's a good PSU and at a fairly good price. I could look around for other Corsair and Seasonic PSUs of similar or better quality at the same price range, but it probably won't be beaten.
June 17, 2012 5:29:38 AM

blazorthon said:
That's a good PSU and at a fairly good price. I could look around for other Corsair and Seasonic PSUs of similar or better quality at the same price range, but it probably won't be beaten.

:D  seems like we have a winner, thanks for your help, may the "best answer" force be with you :hello: 
m
l
June 17, 2012 5:30:08 AM

Best answer selected by xxdobermanxx.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 5:30:53 AM

Glad to help.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 5:34:22 AM

xxdobermanxx said:
Before you go take a look at this corsair , i think this is the answer to the antec but not much reviews on it

Considering there being only one review, I wouldn't risk it. It's probably usually very good, but with only one review, we don't have much insight into it. However, yes, it does look like it is Corsair's competition for that Antec.
m
l
June 17, 2012 5:39:38 AM

blazorthon said:
Considering there being only one review, I wouldn't risk it. It's probably usually very good, but with only one review, we don't have much insight into it. However, yes, it does look like it is Corsair's competition for that Antec.

To my surprise it seems like the not so popular brand is raking in good reviews this one blew me away

m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 5:44:02 AM

xxdobermanxx said:
To my surprise it seems like the not so popular brand is raking in good reviews this one blew me away

Some lesser-known brands can be great, but they tend to be less tried-and-true. For example, Azza is also a good brand and I've used it, but it is less known and most people have little to no experience with them.
m
l
June 17, 2012 5:52:34 AM

blazorthon said:
Some lesser-known brands can be great, but they tend to be less tried-and-true. For example, Azza is also a good brand and I've used it, but it is less known and most people have little to no experience with them.

Thats true i have a generic PSU for 6 years now and it has never failed me , although it looks like a sandbox (its very dirty as my computer case is kinda broken and my house is humid and dusty).
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 6:00:22 AM

xxdobermanxx said:
Thats true i have a generic PSU for 6 years now and it has never failed me , although it looks like a sandbox (its very dirty as my computer case is kinda broken and my house is humid and dusty).

You might want to clean it out if it is dirty. Being dirty can reduce cooling performance which can cut down its remaining longevity by causing overheating. So long as you don't let this happen, generics tend to last fairly long, although they usually can't be pushed very far too often.
m
l
June 17, 2012 6:08:50 AM

blazorthon said:
You might want to clean it out if it is dirty. Being dirty can reduce cooling performance which can cut down its remaining longevity by causing overheating. So long as you don't let this happen, generics tend to last fairly long, although they usually can't be pushed very far too often.

Thanks for your time , yes i want to clean it but i am too lazy, also the cooling fan on the cpu is also dirty, and yes the pc for a while now i kinda slow when starting up. another question i have 3gb ram and i realize that 1 gb of it is cached (usually 500mb was cached when i had 1 gb) does that seem normal to you ?
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 17, 2012 6:14:34 AM

Yes, that's fairly normal. A computer slows down as it gets older. The only commonly done way around this is to clean the case and all fans (such as the PSU fan) and then re-install Windows. This slow-down happens as the computer's system gets more and more bloated and re-installing solves it. However, you'd also have to re-install all software and such and considering that not all software licenses allow you to do this, it's not always a viable solution. You could use some clean-up utilities to help a little if this is a problem for you.

For example, you could download the tweaknow powerpack and use its registry cleaner (only delete keys that it tells you are safe to delete) and its disk cleaner (delete anything that pops up, this stuff is all safe). Windows also has a built in disk cleaner that gets some other stuff too. You can also run a de-fragmentation program on your hard drive. Puran Defrag is one of my preferred defrag programs and like the powerpack, is freeware.
m
l
June 17, 2012 6:18:09 AM

blazorthon said:
Yes, that's fairly normal. A computer slows down as it gets older. The only commonly done way around this is to clean the case and all fans (such as the PSU fan) and then re-install Windows. This slow-down happens as the computer's system gets more and more bloated and re-installing solves it. However, you'd also have to re-install all software and such and considering that not all software licenses allow you to do this, it's not always a viable solution. You could use some clean-up utilities to help a little if this is a problem for you.

For example, you could download the tweaknow powerpack and use its registry cleaner (only delete keys that it tells you are safe to delete) and its disk cleaner (delete anything that pops up, this stuff is all safe). Windows also has a built in disk cleaner that gets some other stuff too. You can also run a de-fragmentation program on your hard drive. Puran Defrag is one of my preferred defrag programs and like the powerpack, is freeware.

Yes i will look into these option, cleaning first though lol
m
l
!