misterbsteam1

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Hello i have built a new computer and have tested the cpu temps at 100% load. I am getting temperatures of about 70c. I am using an Intel i5 3570 with the stock cooler, are these temperatures okay, or do i need to change the cooler? Here's a picture of the temperatures.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2j9ziw.jpg

It's high but stress testing will take a CPU to the edge. No program of the past or present day will max out an I5. Without stress testing what are the idle temps and temps under normal loads?

misterbsteam1

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012

Hi thanks for the reply i am getting about 40-50c when just playing minecraft and when in bios it says 40c. Will reapplying the thermal paste help, or will i need a new cooler?

You are using the stock cooler that s why it is getting so high when stress testing. As for normal temp's at idle and under load that's fine for a stock heatsink. If you want better temps get a good aftermarket cooler.

misterbsteam1

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012

Okay thanks for the replies, I'll look at getting a better cooler. Are there any good cheap coolers you recommend?

id recommand this as a great and economical cooler for u, that leaves room also for overclocking:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

hyper 212 evo, for 25$ after mail-inrebate, cant go wrong with this beast.

those temperatures are high id say, the thermal maximum safe temperature by intel is 67.4 degrees celcius and ur already higher than that.

so id recommand on a cpu heatsink-cooler change, and recommand a best bang for bucks cooler above.

Thats fine IF he has a case that is big enough to fit it. There are alot of cases that can't fit a 120mm heatsink.

misterbsteam1

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012

Hi i have a cooler master elite 430 case.

larkspur

Distinguished
Always nice to drop your temperatures, but that is a i5-3570 so it isn't going to OC aside from a few extra turbo notches. Not sure I'd bother with an aftermarket cooler, but lower temps are always nice.