New PC help!

G

Ok, so i'm building my first PC :pt1cable: :bounce:

Here are the specs:

i5-3570k
SSD A-Data SP900 ASP900S3-128GM-C
MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
ASRock Z77 EXTREME4 (plan on doing crossfire in the future)
Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3
Corsair CX600 V2 600W

Now i am thinking, whether to get the haf xm, the corsair 500r white or something else as my case?
Needs to fit under my desk and be in this price range.

Also, will i have problems with the spare cables on my psu with the 500r? (eg. nowhere to place them, bulging side panel.)

Also will the white 500r yellow with time?

Thanks

P.S. I'm reposting this here, cauzer i posted in wrong topic :eek: sors

DeusAres

Distinguished
Looks good.

If you plan on doing crossfire, you're gonna want at least a 750 watt psu. The Corsair TX750m would be a great option.

I recommend the Corsair 500r over the HAF XM. The 500r offers better cable management. Buy a pack of zipties. This will help keep the cables flat and resolve the bulging side panel issue.

Also, I could better assist you if you fill out the following...

In order to make things easy, copy and paste the following template into your post and edit the examples to suit your needs:

Template:
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes / No

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Do you need to buy OS: Yes / No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)

Location: City, State/Region, Country - we need to know where these parts are being assembled and whether there are good store-only deals available

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200 or if you're upgrading please state what you'd want to get)

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC. Please also list specific software or games you're using)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: (e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)

MJoob

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Mate if u wanna go CF or SLI that power supply wont handle both 7850 and i think its not even CF or SLI ready so u gonna need more juice with that something more like GX750 or something those ones are SLI and CF ready and it will power your system no problem. and the case is good u can go with it im just going fair and square.