6600, bluetooth, large file transfers

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 15, 2004 7:26:19 PM

I have a 6600, with firmware v. 4.09.1.

I can send files from my PC with Right click > send > bluetooth.

But when I send large files (> 300KB), the transfer always hangs
somewhere along the way.

Small files tranfer without any problems.

Any ideas?
August 15, 2004 8:31:34 PM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:26:19 GMT, blue@tooth.com wrote:

> I have a 6600, with firmware v. 4.09.1.
>
> I can send files from my PC with Right click > send > bluetooth.
>
>But when I send large files (> 300KB), the transfer always hangs
>somewhere along the way.
>
> Small files tranfer without any problems.
>
>Any ideas?

thats because theres a file size limit to what the phone can take
--

E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 8:31:35 PM

BORG wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:26:19 GMT, blue@tooth.com wrote:
>

>> I have a 6600, with firmware v. 4.09.1.
>>
>> I can send files from my PC with Right click > send > bluetooth.
>>
>>But when I send large files (> 300KB), the transfer always hangs
>>somewhere along the way.
>>
>> Small files tranfer without any problems.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>

> thats because theres a file size limit to what the phone can take

I don't buy that.

I sent 2-3MB files to my 6600 from my G5 at work all the time.

It must be a Windows limitation, if it's a limitation at all.

I use my 6600 as a "portable drive" and use Forward to send them out
again when I get home. Works pretty well. (And my K700i does the same
thing, just a little bit differently ;) )

Make sure you set the incoming message store the MMC, perhaps you're
just running out of storage on the internal C: slice?
August 15, 2004 10:04:58 PM

"BORG" wrote:

> > I have a 6600, with firmware v. 4.09.1.
> >
> > I can send files from my PC with Right click > send > bluetooth.
> >
> >But when I send large files (> 300KB), the transfer always hangs
> >somewhere along the way.
> >
> > Small files tranfer without any problems.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>

> thats because theres a file size limit to what the phone can take
> --
>

> E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
> watch out for spam trap in header
>
> Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk
>
> 10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/
>
> http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

Are your messages stored on your nearly full C: drive or MMC?
August 15, 2004 10:09:43 PM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:39:05 -0400, incumbent <incumbent@gmail.com>
wrote:

>perhaps you're
>just running out of storage on the internal C: slice?

isn't that what I said ?
--

E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 10:23:03 PM

"BORG" > wrote:

> >perhaps you're
> >just running out of storage on the internal C: slice?
>

> isn't that what I said ?
> --

A file size limit is different to running out of space!
August 16, 2004 12:01:58 AM

> Make sure you set the incoming message store the MMC, perhaps you're
> just running out of storage on the internal C: slice?

I don't think so, since I store everything on the
(128MB) MMC, and about 4.5 MB are free on the phone's
memory.
August 16, 2004 1:10:15 AM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:23:03 +0100, "Jaron" <spamnothanks@spam.com>
wrote:

>"BORG" > wrote:
>>
>> >perhaps you're
>> >just running out of storage on the internal C: slice?
>>

>> isn't that what I said ?
>> --
>>
>A file size limit is different to running out of space!

your limited to the size of files by the space left
--

E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 2:34:33 AM

blue@tooth.com wrote:

>>Make sure you set the incoming message store the MMC, perhaps you're
>>just running out of storage on the internal C: slice?
>>

> I don't think so, since I store everything on the
> (128MB) MMC, and about 4.5 MB are free on the phone's
> memory.

Then its a problem with your Bluetooth stack.

From my Mac (and from a Windows XP machine running Logitech's WidComm
stack) I send files anywhere up to 8MB in size.
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 11:53:36 AM

> thats because theres a file size limit to what the phone can take

and where did you pull that bullshit out of?
August 16, 2004 11:53:37 AM

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:53:36 +1000, "Daniel Juhn"
<j.u.h.n.remove.the.periods@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>> thats because theres a file size limit to what the phone can take
>
>and where did you pull that bullshit out of?

troll, yawn yawn,

for your info if the OP is trying to upload a 500Mb file to the Phone
and there is only 56Mb of space left it wont allow it will it stupid,
there for the OP is limited to the amount of space on the phone and
what it will allow you to transfer.

Now go back under your rock
--

Daniel Juhn wrote:

>>thats because theres a file size limit to what the phone can take
>

> and where did you pull that bullshit out of?

"BORG" is just an idiot. They roam in packs, be careful.
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 11:54:28 AM

why say anything if you got no clue what you're on about?

"BORG" <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:23:03 +0100, "Jaron" <spamnothanks@spam.com>
> wrote:

>>> isn't that what I said ?
>>> --
>>>
>>A file size limit is different to running out of space!
>>

> your limited to the size of files by the space left
> --
>

> E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
> watch out for spam trap in header
>
> Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk
>
> 10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/
>
> http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
August 17, 2004 4:43:19 PM

>> I don't think so, since I store everything on the
>> (128MB) MMC, and about 4.5 MB are free on the phone's
>> memory.
>
> Then its a problem with your Bluetooth stack.
>
> From my Mac (and from a Windows XP machine running Logitech's WidComm
> stack) I send files anywhere up to 8MB in size.

OK, so how do I fix that? Phone firmware, or XP drivers?

Or will you suggest I just switch to a Mac? ;)
August 17, 2004 4:48:11 PM

> for your info if the OP is trying to upload a 500Mb file to the Phone

I'm trying to u/l files of 500Kb to 2 Mb. The problem is
that around the 200 or 300Kb area, the transfer hangs.

On the computer, the progress meter just stops advacing.
On the phone, the BT icon goes from

(*) bluetooth transmit
* bluetooth on

So I guess the phone somehow looses the connection.

If I cancel the transfer from the computer and try again with a
smaller file, it works fine without a reboot of either phone or PC.
!