New TFT screen and blurry fonts

May 15, 2005 12:04:01 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
(screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and the
fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
about??? Hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

Cicsso
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 12:04:02 AM

Cicsso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
> (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches
> and the fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am
> using the clear type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone
> know what I'm talking about??? Hope someone can help me!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cicsso

Is your screen LCD?
Where did you get your LCD screen driver?
Where did you get your video driver?
Defaults from XP?
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 12:04:02 AM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:04:01 +0200, Cicsso wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
> (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and the
> fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
> type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
> about??? Hope someone can help me!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cicsso

What does the manual list for preferred desktop size? Are you using that
setting? In no, give it a try.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Cicsso,
One, make sure you have the correct "monitor" driver installed, as T.
Waters stated, Two, make sure you are running at the correct resolution,
refresh and screen depth recommend by the manufacturer, as Sharon F
indicated. Both the correct drivers and recommended settings can be found
at the manufacturer's web site.

If both of these fails, you can try going to the MS knowledge base and
searching on "clear type" - from there you can either download or use the
online clear type utility to "fine tune" your clear type settings.

I have 2 NEC Multisync LCD's, and even though I turn clear type on, I
still have to use the utility to make the type have the ultimate in clarity.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
news:D 65eij$bam$1@nsnmrro2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
> (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
> the
> fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
> type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
> about??? Hope someone can help me!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cicsso

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 12:04:03 AM

"Star Fleet Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com>
wrote in message news:%23scgDjLWFHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Cicsso,
One, make sure you have the correct "monitor" driver installed, as T.
Waters stated, Two, make sure you are running at the correct resolution,
refresh and screen depth recommend by the manufacturer, as Sharon F
indicated. Both the correct drivers and recommended settings can be found
at the manufacturer's web site.

If both of these fails, you can try going to the MS knowledge base and
searching on "clear type" - from there you can either download or use the
online clear type utility to "fine tune" your clear type settings.

I have 2 NEC Multisync LCD's, and even though I turn clear type on, I
still have to use the utility to make the type have the ultimate in clarity.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
news:D 65eij$bam$1@nsnmrro2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
> (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
> the
> fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
> type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
> about??? Hope someone can help me!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cicsso

I don't know if this applies to a TFT monitor, but on an LCD monitor---
CONTROL PANEL...DISPLAY...APPEARANCE...EFFECTS...CLEAR TYPE

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:17:45 AM

1) Make sure the monitor is running on the correct resolution as stated on
its manual

2) Download install and use the following cleartype tunning powertoy from
microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.m...

Kenny

"Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
news:D 65eij$bam$1@nsnmrro2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
> (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
> the
> fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
> type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
> about??? Hope someone can help me!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cicsso

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:49:05 AM

Ok, thanks to everyone. I've had to increase the resolution to 1280 x 1024,
although it says you can use it with 1024 x 768, which is where I had the
problems. Then I installed the cleartype tunning powertoy and now it seems
to be much better, although I still think not as good as with the other
monitor I had, and besides with that new resolution, everything seems to be
soooo small. I imagine it's a matter of getting used to it. Thanks to
everyone!

Ciccso

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:o lnEipXWFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> 1) Make sure the monitor is running on the correct resolution as stated on
> its manual
>
> 2) Download install and use the following cleartype tunning powertoy from
> microsoft
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.m...
>

> Kenny
>
> "Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
> news:D 65eij$bam$1@nsnmrro2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
> > (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
> > the
> > fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the
clear
> > type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm
talking
> > about??? Hope someone can help me!
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Cicsso

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:49:06 AM

I rather messed up my font appearence using the clear type utilities; I had
to reinstall the drivers and then it worked OK.
If the fonts and icons are too small, you can increase their size in
DisplayProperties/Appearence/FontSize - for fonts. Then, under the same tab,
open the Effects dialog box and choose "Use large icons." Optionally, in the
Advanced window you can change icon size (and other desktop looks settings)
in "Item" drop down menu.
Michael

"Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
news:D 6893l$j5l$1@nsnmpen3-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...
> Ok, thanks to everyone. I've had to increase the resolution to 1280 x
> 1024,
> although it says you can use it with 1024 x 768, which is where I had the
> problems. Then I installed the cleartype tunning powertoy and now it seems
> to be much better, although I still think not as good as with the other
> monitor I had, and besides with that new resolution, everything seems to
> be
> soooo small. I imagine it's a matter of getting used to it. Thanks to
> everyone!
>
> Ciccso
>

> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
> news:o lnEipXWFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> 1) Make sure the monitor is running on the correct resolution as stated
>> on
>> its manual
>>
>> 2) Download install and use the following cleartype tunning powertoy from
>> microsoft
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.m...
>>

>> Kenny
>>
>> "Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 65eij$bam$1@nsnmrro2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
>> > (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
>> > the
>> > fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the
> clear
>> > type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm
> talking
>> > about??? Hope someone can help me!
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance
>> >
>> > Cicsso

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:06:18 AM

this is not a clear type "utility "I sent him its a powertoy. It has nothing
to do with drivers and is fully reversable.

!