New TFT screen and blurry fonts

Hi,

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
(screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and the
fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
about??? Hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

Cicsso
8 answers Last reply
More about screen blurry fonts

    Cicsso wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
    > (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches
    > and the fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am
    > using the clear type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone
    > know what I'm talking about??? Hope someone can help me!
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Cicsso

    Is your screen LCD?
    Where did you get your LCD screen driver?
    Where did you get your video driver?
    Defaults from XP?

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:04:01 +0200, Cicsso wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
    > (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and the
    > fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
    > type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
    > about??? Hope someone can help me!
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Cicsso

    What does the manual list for preferred desktop size? Are you using that
    setting? In no, give it a try.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Cicsso,
    One, make sure you have the correct "monitor" driver installed, as T.
    Waters stated, Two, make sure you are running at the correct resolution,
    refresh and screen depth recommend by the manufacturer, as Sharon F
    indicated. Both the correct drivers and recommended settings can be found
    at the manufacturer's web site.

    If both of these fails, you can try going to the MS knowledge base and
    searching on "clear type" - from there you can either download or use the
    online clear type utility to "fine tune" your clear type settings.

    I have 2 NEC Multisync LCD's, and even though I turn clear type on, I
    still have to use the utility to make the type have the ultimate in clarity.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Star Fleet Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com>
    wrote in message news:%23scgDjLWFHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    Cicsso,
    One, make sure you have the correct "monitor" driver installed, as T.
    Waters stated, Two, make sure you are running at the correct resolution,
    refresh and screen depth recommend by the manufacturer, as Sharon F
    indicated. Both the correct drivers and recommended settings can be found
    at the manufacturer's web site.

    If both of these fails, you can try going to the MS knowledge base and
    searching on "clear type" - from there you can either download or use the
    online clear type utility to "fine tune" your clear type settings.

    I have 2 NEC Multisync LCD's, and even though I turn clear type on, I
    still have to use the utility to make the type have the ultimate in clarity.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
    > (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
    > the
    > fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
    > type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
    > about??? Hope someone can help me!
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Cicsso

    I don't know if this applies to a TFT monitor, but on an LCD monitor---
    CONTROL PANEL...DISPLAY...APPEARANCE...EFFECTS...CLEAR TYPE

    1) Make sure the monitor is running on the correct resolution as stated on
    its manual

    2) Download install and use the following cleartype tunning powertoy from
    microsoft

    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.mspx

    Kenny

    "Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
    > (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
    > the
    > fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the clear
    > type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm talking
    > about??? Hope someone can help me!
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Cicsso

    Ok, thanks to everyone. I've had to increase the resolution to 1280 x 1024,
    although it says you can use it with 1024 x 768, which is where I had the
    problems. Then I installed the cleartype tunning powertoy and now it seems
    to be much better, although I still think not as good as with the other
    monitor I had, and besides with that new resolution, everything seems to be
    soooo small. I imagine it's a matter of getting used to it. Thanks to
    everyone!

    Ciccso

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > 1) Make sure the monitor is running on the correct resolution as stated on
    > its manual
    >
    > 2) Download install and use the following cleartype tunning powertoy from
    > microsoft
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.mspx
    >

    > Kenny
    >
    > "Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
    > > (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
    > > the
    > > fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the
    clear
    > > type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm
    talking
    > > about??? Hope someone can help me!
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > Cicsso

    I rather messed up my font appearence using the clear type utilities; I had
    to reinstall the drivers and then it worked OK.
    If the fonts and icons are too small, you can increase their size in
    DisplayProperties/Appearence/FontSize - for fonts. Then, under the same tab,
    open the Effects dialog box and choose "Use large icons." Optionally, in the
    Advanced window you can change icon size (and other desktop looks settings)
    in "Item" drop down menu.
    Michael

    > Ok, thanks to everyone. I've had to increase the resolution to 1280 x
    > 1024,
    > although it says you can use it with 1024 x 768, which is where I had the
    > problems. Then I installed the cleartype tunning powertoy and now it seems
    > to be much better, although I still think not as good as with the other
    > monitor I had, and besides with that new resolution, everything seems to
    > be
    > soooo small. I imagine it's a matter of getting used to it. Thanks to
    > everyone!
    >
    > Ciccso
    >

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
    >> 1) Make sure the monitor is running on the correct resolution as stated
    >> on
    >> its manual
    >>
    >> 2) Download install and use the following cleartype tunning powertoy from
    >> microsoft
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.mspx
    >>

    >> Kenny
    >>
    >> "Cicsso" <cicsso@nutex.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I connected a new monitor
    >> > (screen) to the computer using windows XP. This screen is 17 inches and
    >> > the
    >> > fonts are all blurry now. Same as before, but blurry. I am using the
    > clear
    >> > type and it's better, but still blurry. Does anyone know what I'm
    > talking
    >> > about??? Hope someone can help me!
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance
    >> >
    >> > Cicsso

    this is not a clear type "utility "I sent him its a powertoy. It has nothing
    to do with drivers and is fully reversable.