Sign in with
Your question

Need help for building CAD Workstation.

Last response: in Systems
August 7, 2012 4:03:59 PM

Hello!

I am new to this community. I am a mechanical engineer, stay in well known city of India and need computer for mostly for Solid modeling (Solidworks | Pro/ENGINEER) and FEA (ANSYS). Not being a hardcore gamer though, I play games whenever time permits.
I am trying to build my workstation and will appreciate suggestions.

Presently, I have thought of Following:

Processor : Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K

Mother Board : Intel DZH77GA-70k/ gigabyte Z77X-UD5H/ ASUSP8z77-vpro / ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (I am confused and need serious help on this)

Cooler: Cooler master 212 Hyper Plus or Intel

RAM: 16GB {[2x8GB] DDR-3 1600Mhz Kingston}

Graphic Card (PCI) : Nvidia Quadro 600

HDD: 1tb {Seagate 7200 RPM 64MB}

PSU: Need serious help on this!!!!

Thanks for your suggestions.!

Digital Ninja
August 7, 2012 4:12:14 PM

Go with the Gigabyte UD5H for your motherboard - Intel boards are very expensive and very bland for the feature sets they offer.

As far as PSU goes you're probably looking at a 600W - 650W for that setup. I'd suggest something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You should also look at adding an SSD - even if you don't game the load times and redraw times will speed up dramatically with one.
August 7, 2012 4:19:49 PM

Also, Suggest for suitable RAM 16GB (KINGSTON Hyper X or Value RAM)
Related resources
August 7, 2012 4:20:06 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Go with the Gigabyte UD5H for your motherboard - Intel boards are very expensive and very bland for the feature sets they offer.

As far as PSU goes you're probably looking at a 600W - 650W for that setup. I'd suggest something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You should also look at adding an SSD - even if you don't game the load times and redraw times will speed up dramatically with one.

THANKS!!! :) 

ALSO SUGGEST FOR RAM kINGSTON HYPER X OR VALUE RAM
!