Cpu w/ water cooling or..

im contemplating two builds, i can either get a i7 2600k and a cooler master 212 plus, or a i5 3570k and h80 water cooling? Obviously my build is for gaming, if you need to know the rest of my build to judge then just say so :)
13 answers Last reply
More about water cooling
  1. Don't bother with a closed block like the H80 - they're the very low end of the liquid cooling spectrum. I'd say if you want a strong overclock to get a better air fan like the Noctua NH-U9B or one of the fans from this article: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/LGA-2011-i7-3960X-Air-Overclocking,3130.html
  2. okay, would it be safe using say a noctua to OC to around 4.4ghz?
  3. Mrrambotron said:
    im contemplating two builds, i can either get a i7 2600k and a cooler master 212 plus, or a i5 3570k and h80 water cooling? Obviously my build is for gaming, if you need to know the rest of my build to judge then just say so :)

    hi i have a water cooled cpu and over clocked it i have had no problems with it at all it took me a long time to make my mind up and never regretted it at all if u want to know what system i have them ask ok
  4. would it be a good idea to get a i7 2600k and a 550 ti as i can get a 670 in 6 months time?
  5. Mrrambotron said:
    would it be a good idea to get a i7 2600k and a 550 ti as i can get a 670 in 6 months time?

    hi i have crosshair v formula mother board gtx550tix2 gskill ram 16gig amd processor 6core and ive over clocked it to run at 6600mhz ram at 2700 and never had a problem my water cooling is thermaltake but a lot of reading and understanding to make your mind up is there a time limit on this
  6. Mrrambotron said:
    would it be a good idea to get a i7 2600k and a 550 ti as i can get a 670 in 6 months time?


    You won't get the full use of an i7 on a gaming system - go with the i5. Don't bother with the 550TI - if you're going to get an inexpensive GPU the Radeon 6850 or 6870 is the way to go there.
  7. ok so a i5 2570k and a 6850 and noctua? :D then 6 months time i get a big gpu
  8. Mrrambotron said:
    ok so a i5 2570k and a 6850 and noctua? :D then 6 months time i get a big gpu


    Yup - the 3570K is where it's at. It's the same CPU I use and it works great.
  9. what GHz could i reach up to do you think with a well aired case such as the haf 912?
  10. g-unit1111 said:
    Yup - the 3570K is where it's at. It's the same CPU I use and it works great.

    its good to talk to people that know what they r doing thanks for the info my first port of call is the mother board mine is crosshair v formula i think that its good
  11. Mrrambotron said:
    what GHz could i reach up to do you think with a well aired case such as the haf 912?

    my case is thermaltake again but i looked at cooling because everything i read always talked about cooling so think fans air flow through the machine u get ok
  12. my mobo will be the Asus P8Z77-V LX
  13. Mrrambotron said:
    what GHz could i reach up to do you think with a well aired case such as the haf 912?


    Good question - I'd say a stable overclock would probably reach 4.2 - 4.3GHz with that setup.

    Quote:
    its good to talk to people that know what they r doing thanks for the info my first port of call is the mother board mine is crosshair v formula i think that its good


    That's an AMD motherboard. It's a good board but it won't work with the 3570K.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Water Cooling Cooler Master Systems