Who sells gold the cheapest?

Who sells gold the cheapest for WOW? I have been using Dr Hu on Ebay but $39
for 300g seems high for virtual gold.
30 answers Last reply
More about sells gold cheapest

    its not allowed....

    its not allowed....

    its not allowed....

    sorry for triple post.. had problems with google groups... but.. i like
    the triple post right in this thread.. hehe

    Gold is so easy to make in game...if you dont know how to make gold go
    play a different game cause you are an idiot.
    Gold farmers and Gold buyers are a cancer on mmorpgs :P

    ROFLMAO
    You can actually get gold for free, in-game... if you get off your lazy
    backside,
    and earn it.

    Kenner Costen wrote:
    > Who sells gold the cheapest for WOW? I have been using Dr Hu on Ebay but $39
    > for 300g seems high for virtual gold.

    You are not a player - you are an idiot!

    "Bartek Boski" <bartlomiej.boski@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Kenner Costen wrote:
    >> Who sells gold the cheapest for WOW? I have been using Dr Hu on Ebay but
    >> $39 for 300g seems high for virtual gold.
    >>

    > You are not a player - you are an idiot!

    Seems a little harsh.

    I also considered buying gold and don't think of myself as an "idiot". I've
    never used cheats in games that I've played but I did contemplate buying
    gold for WoW in order to get a mount.

    I'm already paying for game time and I don't want to waste my limited game
    time grinding away to get enough gold for a mount. I wouldn't consider
    constantly buying gold to equip a character but by the time I got to lvl 40
    (a long time) I was thoroughly sick of walking and regarded having a mount
    as a necessity if I was going to continue playing.
    A quick web-search revealed places selling 100G for around $10 and I figured
    it would take me close to a month of my limited gaming time to get this, so
    it was worth it. Frankly, the only thing stopping me was the possibility of
    sanctions from Blizzard.

    I understand that limited gold is "part of the game" but I found I never had
    more than 20 gold at any one time up to level 40 and I wasn't willing to
    wait another 10-20 levels to be able to afford a mount (which seemed
    unlikely since the cost of spells was going up as I leveled). I realize I
    could have adopted a more income generating game-style but I have a job in
    real life, I'm not paying Blizzard so that I can get another one in the
    virtual world.

    I have always frowned on game cheats but, in the circumstances, I regarded
    this as a relatively harmless one. I realize that the existence of people
    farming gold to sell does affect the game world somewhat and that buying
    from them perpetuates the practice but I don't I think this has anything
    like the impact of other cheats. It doesn't, for example, affect public game
    play in the same way that people using map hack in D2 affected party play in
    public games.

    As it happens, a friend was good enough to help me out with the necessary
    gold so I didn't have to buy it.

    Does that mean I'm not an idiot after all?

    Magnie

    >>> You are not a player - you are an idiot!
    >> Seems a little harsh.

    >You can argue about the 'offensiveness' of buying gold while other
    >players (with more time) can play to get it. Unfortunately that is not
    >the actual problem. The problem is that the fact that player are
    >willing to fork out actual cash to buy this ingame gold, gives other
    >people an incentive to find the optimal ways to deliver this gold to
    >you and turn it into (as you said yourself) an actual job. These people
    >(goldfarmers) use all means necessary to give you your gold in a way
    >that is (to them) as cheap as possible, while harassing tons of legit
    >players with their means.

    It also lessens the value of the items and could led to extreme cases
    where newbies have to but gold to be able to compete with other
    players.

    I completely agree on that point.

    to re-quote myself

    "Its one of 2 sorts of players

    1>Those who have brought gold from farmers so can afford it.
    2>lvl60s who are twinking an alt or low lvl guild mate."

    But remove the gold buyers from the above group of people will help
    remove some of the problem.

    >Still comes down the a case of people that have the time and people that
    >don't.
    >I have no problem farming gold, but it is a boring and time consuming thing
    >to do so.

    >WoW is a time intensive game, I work 40hrs a week and play. but i am in a
    >unique position in being up there with the best equip`ed of people, and have
    >most things for all 3 of my lev 60`s, but in doing so I have had to give up
    >my life for the past 3 months.

    >My point is some / a lot of people have more real life money from working
    >than they do, time for which to play. I am all up for selling for real
    >cash, but at the same time I know this is against Blizzard ToC agreement.

    >Maybe the people shouting Idiot are the ones that are either at School /
    >unemployed or like me have no life... bit more understanding is required,
    >not everyone has the time to waste like others.

    No, it comes down to that fact people are jealous of others and don't
    want to earn the rewards themselves but want a fast track.

    The amount of time you can play in a week is irrelevant. Whether it
    takes 100 hours over a few weeks to make lvl 40 or a few months it
    still takes the same amount of play time.

    The poster just doesn't want to put the play time in to get the
    reward and wants a quick fix. If he goes out and buy gold is devalues
    the game for everyone that does put the time in. Pure laziness on his
    behalf.

    > 1>Those who have brought gold from farmers so can afford it.
    > 2>lvl60s who are twinking an alt or low lvl guild mate."
    >
    > But remove the gold buyers from the above group of people will help
    > remove some of the problem.

    No. To be fair to all players, no transfer of goods & golds
    what-so-ever. High level twinking an low level alt or guild mate gives
    unfair advantage to other who do not have the same connection.

    1) & 2) are two opposite of the same coin: to get maximum gain out of
    minimum effort. 1) based on money, 2) based on time.

    If you can not stop players from ganking, then you can't stop player
    from being farmers. This is unfortunately part of MMORPG.

    > The poster just doesn't want to put the play time in to get the
    > reward and wants a quick fix. If he goes out and buy gold is devalues
    > the game for everyone that does put the time in. Pure laziness on his
    > behalf.

    So it is okay to farming for one's toons and one's guild mate then?

    If that's the case, I will create a new guild

    Guild - Elitist
    $50 USD to join
    Once you're a member, send in your request on what you want and we will
    have it fulfill within a RL weeks time if not sooner.

    Golds is meaningless once you get beyond 40th level. Even without those
    gold farmers, you still have bored high level char who wanted to outfit
    their alt with best gear and jacked up AH price.

    Getting rid of gold farmers do not necessary prevent devaluation of
    gold or improve game plays for everyone else. Becuase you have to get
    rid of gankers, grinders, and power-levelers too. Otherwise, they rob
    the enjoyment of the game for others.

    If you're the purist who never visited AH, then this entire issue
    shouldn't matter to you since gold is not your concern. You will be
    saving your gold since level 1 that by the time you reach 40, you will
    have more than enough to pay for the mount. So, why this conerning you?

    And if you're not the lazy type, then so what if gold-farmer cleared
    out all the nodes within the entire region, you can always travel to
    another. And if you complained about gold farmers, then you're too lazy
    to even to travel to another region.

    hahaha ebuyer seller = nice account ban

    Kenner Costen wrote:
    > Who sells gold the cheapest for WOW? I have been using Dr Hu on Ebay
    > but $39 for 300g seems high for virtual gold.

    I've found that Dubai, UAE and Haifa, Israel are the best places to get
    inexpensive gold. But I think the market is near topping out on gold.

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> Seems a little harsh.
    >
    > >You can argue about the 'offensiveness' of buying gold while other
    > >players (with more time) can play to get it. Unfortunately that is not
    > >the actual problem. The problem is that the fact that player are
    > >willing to fork out actual cash to buy this ingame gold, gives other
    > >people an incentive to find the optimal ways to deliver this gold to
    > >you and turn it into (as you said yourself) an actual job. These people
    > >(goldfarmers) use all means necessary to give you your gold in a way
    > >that is (to them) as cheap as possible, while harassing tons of legit
    > >players with their means.
    >
    > It also lessens the value of the items and could led to extreme cases
    > where newbies have to but gold to be able to compete with other
    > players.

    BombayMix <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote:
    > It also lessens the value of the items and could led to extreme cases
    > where newbies have to but gold to be able to compete with other
    > players.

    This has already happend with people being able to shove money to
    their secondary characters. Some of the prices people are willing to
    pay for low level items in the AH are way to high for the chars who
    can actually use them.

    --
    Erick

    Yeah I liked prices in Kuwait City too ;)

    "sanjian" <sanjian@widomaker.com> wrote in message
    > Kenner Costen wrote:
    >> Who sells gold the cheapest for WOW? I have been using Dr Hu on Ebay
    >> but $39 for 300g seems high for virtual gold.
    >
    > I've found that Dubai, UAE and Haifa, Israel are the best places to get
    > inexpensive gold. But I think the market is near topping out on gold.

    Magine - For the same reasons I looked at buying gold in bulk. I actually
    work a real job 6 10's, have a wife, 4 kids and spend time with them and
    can't be a WoW addict sitting in front of a screen for multiple hours on
    end, day after day. So based on my free time's value versus what someone
    (who bought gold of of other players) is willing to swap to me "play time"
    for currency, I find it equitable. Less time I have to farm and hunt gold
    more time I can do quests and groups for fun.

    As for the comments "Not Allowed" hell a Blizzard Employee at my last
    paintball event directed me to the best prices. Now offically they will do
    something if they can prove it but let us face facts, unless a vendor gets
    busted, and a court order releases all his documents then a court order
    releases Paypals and then IF it can some how be linked to your account....
    Besides, its a game, ban it, they loose my monthly fee, I get more free time
    untill I find the next thing to catch my eye on Fry's shelf.

    Magnie <dywilsonSPAM@menot.pacbell.net> stared blankly into space for
    a short while before writing:

    snip

    > I understand that limited gold is "part of the game" but I found I
    > never had more than 20 gold at any one time up to level 40 and I
    > wasn't willing to wait another 10-20 levels to be able to afford a
    > mount

    I made 70g of my mount money from lvl 37 to 39 auctioning bars from iron
    and mithril I had mined in the badlands. It's not hard, you just have to
    concentrate on making money.

    --
    Doc

    Kenner Costen wrote:
    > Magine - For the same reasons I looked at buying gold in bulk. I
    > actually work a real job 6 10's, have a wife, 4 kids and spend time
    > with them and can't be a WoW addict sitting in front of a screen for
    > multiple hours on end, day after day. So based on my free time's
    > value versus what someone (who bought gold of of other players) is
    > willing to swap to me "play time" for currency, I find it equitable.
    > Less time I have to farm and hunt gold more time I can do quests and
    > groups for fun.

    I think the problem isn't in your motivation in buying gold, but what it
    encourages in others, in order to get the gold to sell you. It's kind of
    like smoking pot. I don't give a damn that you're getting high (though I
    reserve the right to have no respect for you if you do), I have a problem
    with you giving the money to drug dealers and cartels, financing the murders
    and other illegal activities that they conduct in the process of getting you
    your drugs. That's kind of how I see buying gold.

    Kenner Costen wrote:
    > Yeah I liked prices in Kuwait City too ;)

    Never got over there. No good ports at which to tie up a CVN.

    "Magnie" <dywilsonSPAM@menot.pacbell.net> wrote:

    >> You are not a player - you are an idiot!

    >Seems a little harsh.

    Not to me it doesn't.

    Someone pays money to buy a game to play.
    They then pay a monthly fee to play the game.
    They follow up with spending money in order to *not* play the game.

    The first two are perfectly reasonable. It's when they toss in the
    third item that they earn the label of "idiot".

    >I'm already paying for game time and I don't want to waste my limited game
    >time grinding away to get enough gold for a mount. I wouldn't consider
    >constantly buying gold to equip a character but by the time I got to lvl 40
    >(a long time) I was thoroughly sick of walking and regarded having a mount
    >as a necessity if I was going to continue playing.

    In terms of game time played, on average it takes everyone about the
    same time and effort to reach mount capability. But you think you
    should get one with X /played, while others take 4X /played?

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net

    What Ever wrote:

    > Maybe the people shouting Idiot are the ones that are either at
    > School / unemployed or like me have no life... bit more
    > understanding is required, not everyone has the time to waste like
    > others.

    Tough. Buying gold is lame and that's that. I don't have all the time in the
    world to play, but I'd rather spend longer enjoying the game rather than buy
    my way up to being the best of the best. I just can't see the satisfaction
    in it.

    --
    www.pickuptruckracing.com - UK's closest race series
    Spotter for the PWR truck #9

    Kenner Costen wrote:
    > Magine - For the same reasons I looked at buying gold in bulk. I
    > actually work a real job 6 10's, have a wife, 4 kids and spend time
    > with them and can't be a WoW addict sitting in front of a screen for
    > multiple hours on end, day after day. So based on my free time's
    > value versus what someone (who bought gold of of other players) is
    > willing to swap to me "play time" for currency, I find it equitable.
    > Less time I have to farm and hunt gold more time I can do quests and
    > groups for fun.

    I have a wife and kid and a full time job. Hell, sometimes it's more than
    full time, and sometimes I work away from home. Some weekends I'm away with
    the race team. So it means that I don't have a huge amount of time to devote
    to WoW. It doesn't mean I've ever considered buying gold.

    It just means that it takes me a little longer to do everything; quests,
    farming, whatever. But it doesn't mean that my toon goes without. I've still
    bought some decent gear from the AH. Questing provides plenty of drops, cash
    and experience. And an hour a week grinding the lions in south Arathi
    Highlands (I'm lvl 35) provides plenty leather for me to make stuff to sell
    at AH and keep my skill level up. I also get a few green and even the odd
    blue drop from them, all of which go on the AH.

    I've currently got 23g. Not a huge fortune I know, but because I can see how
    much is coming in now and how much is likely to come in as I level up I'm
    confident that I'll have enough for my mount just by playing the game.

    What I'm saying is I'm enjoying the game enough to not want to shortcut
    anything. If you do, maybe this is the wrong game for you. I grew out of
    cheats when I was a kid with a ZX Spectrum...

    --
    www.pickuptruckracing.com - UK's closest race series
    Spotter for the PWR truck #9
    Watch us here: http://tinyurl.com/79xxg

    "Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote:

    >I should also point out, none of the people who mention it as a positive
    >aspect use derogatory terms or definitives towards anyone. Perhaps its the
    >caliber and age of the people considering it?

    And with your second sentence, you negate the first.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net

    "Magnie" <dywilsonSPAM@menot.pacbell.net> wrote:

    >>>I should also point out, none of the people who mention it as a positive
    >>>aspect use derogatory terms or definitives towards anyone. Perhaps its the
    >>>caliber and age of the people considering it?

    >> And with your second sentence, you negate the first.

    >Strictly speaking, he doesn't - the second sentence is a question (albeit a
    >rhetorical one).

    Specifically, it is a question carrying a payload of implication.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net

    OMG you support terrorism.

    sorry anyone else see that comerical

    "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Golds is meaningless once you get beyond 40th level.

    No it isn't.

    > Even without those
    > gold farmers, you still have bored high level char who wanted to outfit
    > their alt with best gear and jacked up AH price.

    So.. what?

    > Getting rid of gold farmers do not necessary prevent devaluation of
    > gold or improve game plays for everyone else.

    Prevent? Of course it doesn't. Gold farmers are only one factor
    for the devaluation of the currency. But I still have no idea what
    you want to tell us. Gold farmers are no problem because devaluation
    happens anyway? Gold farmers are ok, because there are other factors
    that affect the value of the in game currency? Of course there are
    other factors, but this doesn't change the fact that gold farmers
    are bad for the economy.

    > And if you're not the lazy type, then so what if gold-farmer cleared
    > out all the nodes within the entire region, you can always travel to
    > another. And if you complained about gold farmers, then you're too lazy
    > to even to travel to another region.

    I hope you were drunk or just kidding when you wrote that.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (56) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

    Christian Stauffer wrote:
    > "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> wrote:

    >> And if you're not the lazy type, then so what if gold-farmer cleared
    >> out all the nodes within the entire region, you can always travel to
    >> another. And if you complained about gold farmers, then you're too
    >> lazy to even to travel to another region.
    >
    > I hope you were drunk or just kidding when you wrote that.

    I doubt he is. I've seen this line of reasoning used before (especially
    with L2 and PKers), and it never fails to piss me off. I pay to play this
    game just like they do. Why should I have to go somewhere else just because
    someone's being utterly selfish?

Games Warcraft World Of Warcraft Video Games