Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Power Supply Malfunction

Last response: in Components
December 22, 2012 8:53:18 PM

Alright here's the story. *Didn't know whether to put this under graphics or this category.. :'[*

I ordered a Cosair CX430 psu and a EVGA 9800GT gpu. I had temporarily connected the psu to the motherboard and the gpu without mounting it inside the case. Just to test if everything worked out fine. It did, but....I left a cup of water on my desk right above it and knocked it over... Water spilling inside the psu, where the fans are, while it was on... Lots of load popping and my computer shutting down...

What I was wondering was if this incident could have cause my gpu to fry? I need to whether or not I need a new gpu or not so how can I tell? Obviously I'm getting another psu...I know that thing needs to be buried and blessed because of my terrible ownership.
December 22, 2012 10:05:24 PM

good possibility......probably fried everything that was plugged into it.
m
l

Best solution

December 22, 2012 10:22:31 PM

whats more surprising about this story to me is they still sell 9800gt's, get another psu cross you fingers and hope for the best, dunno if i would call this psu malfunction, we need an operator stupidity column, merry christmas :p 
Related resources
December 22, 2012 10:48:01 PM

Best answer selected by iKoVa.
m
l
December 22, 2012 10:48:37 PM

jasont78 said:
whats more surprising about this story to me is they still sell 9800gt's, get another psu cross you fingers and hope for the best, dunno if i would call this psu malfunction, we need an operator stupidity column, merry christmas :p 

I laughed so hard. x]
m
l
!