1. Intel i5-3570K
2. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 FTW
3. Asus P8Z77-V PRO
4. WD 1TB Black Desktop Drive
5. Crucial 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Tactical Memory
6. Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo w/2 fans or noctua nh-d14, not decided yet
7. DVD-RW/DVD+RW Drive
8. 7 case fans and 3 usb ports in use
In the future I intend to:
1. Go SLI with the GTX 670 FTW
2. Overclock to no more than 4.5GHz
3. Add 8GB of RAM for total of 16GB
4. Add an SSD
I used the PSU calculator at http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine. I entered the final build including the future upgrades and was given a value of 528W which sounds way too low. Can anybody give me advice on the size of power supply I need for the final build?
psu's arent 100% efficient i would always add the efficiency deficit for any of them most decent psu's are 80+ so i allow 20% for waste (heat,etc) so by ur result of 528 watts an extra 20% is 528wx1.2 which equals 633.6 so go a 650 watter
I'd say 750 W because that gives you wiggle room for adding a SSD, doubling the RAM, adding another 670 FTW, and still have ample room for external devices and powerful overclocks on BOTH the CPU (which will hit 4.6 nicely, by the way) and the GPU's! WOOOOO!
thats rich coming from someone running a 1.2kw psu with only a 7970 cf setup oh and your sig says sli amd (ati) dont do sli its crossfire
I've got a 1.2K PSU because I'm still upgrading and don't want to keep changing my PSU every time I put something better in Also I typed it in wrong cause I had an SLi set up before and forgot to change my setup to crossfire.