Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • GPUs
  • Cases
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 7, 2012 6:57:53 PM

Hello,
I am currently in the process of assembling my first homebuilt rig. I am using an Asus P8P67 motherboard with a Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 GPU in a Cooler Master Elite 430 case. I am unable to fit the GPU into the expansion slot: it fits into the case itself fine, but the expansion slot is too small or the wrong shape, because it is unable to fit through

More about : gpu fit expansion slot

August 7, 2012 7:01:53 PM

Make sure the clip at the end of the slot is pushed outwards. It acts as a securing mechanism after the card is in place. Also make sure your in the right PCI slot (also check what slot your card supports). I believe the 3.0 and 2.0 slots have a difference
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
August 7, 2012 7:10:31 PM

You are installing it wrong.

Make sure your card is installed on the black slot (in your motherboard is blue)

Score
Related resources
August 7, 2012 7:46:14 PM

To add a bit more detail, it seems as if the motherboard fits oddly in the case, maybe the standoffs are a bit too tall. In any case, I'm having a lot of trouble fitting the end of the board through the hole in the case(sorry if that was too ambigous)
Quote:
You are installing it wrong.

http://www.karbosguide.com/books/p [...] es/828.jpg

Make sure your card is installed on the black slot (in your motherboard is blue)

Thank you, but I was doing that already.
Again, sorry if I was ambigous, I thought expansion slot referred to the holes in the case that the end of your expansion cards fit through.
Score

Best solution

August 7, 2012 7:56:51 PM

What Mobo you have and case? Maybe you have the mobo positioned wrong. If your mobo size is supported by the case (which it should) the standoffs should fit right in.
August 7, 2012 8:26:22 PM

I managed to solve the issue (sorta) by liberal application of pliers. Thank you everyone who answered.

Score
August 7, 2012 8:29:18 PM

Best answer selected by AyeGill.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
August 7, 2012 8:34:23 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!