Sign in with
Your question

Vague Idea, Need Some Specifics

Last response: in Systems
August 7, 2012 8:06:47 PM

I'd like to order everything for my new system this week but there is still a lot I'm not sure about. I have a vague idea of what I want, but I have no idea what brands or models to shoot for. I would really appreciate some specific recommendations.

What I've been thinking is,

i5 3570k
gtx 670 2gb
8gb ram
128gb SSD
1TB HD for storage

No idea what mobo I should get, I would like to OC the cpu a bit, but don't really plan on doing any SLI down the road.
What are the most practical cooling solutions for the cpu, I don't plan on pushing every list bit out of it, I just read there are some decent gains from just increasing the multiplier.

Also, no clue what case to get, looks really don't matter, I'd just like something that is easy to work with.

Ahh, almost forgot, also no idea what power supply to go for.

Overall budget is $1200-1400. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

More about : vague idea specifics

August 7, 2012 8:30:04 PM

You Should Get Any Z77 Motherboard so you Can Overclock your Cpu.

A Coolermaster Hyper 212 Do Wonders and its really Cheap, If you really want to invest more on the cpu Cooling an H80 - H100 From corsair.

The Case is always your choice, why? cuz i dont know if you want a plain case with no lights, or you want an Aluminium Red Case. I Suggest you, Lian Li, Corsair, Antec and Coolermaster brands they are good Quality. (I would Go with the corsair brand)

Power Supply Must be 700w, Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Enermax, Pc Power Cooling Brand.
m
l
August 7, 2012 8:47:10 PM

I'm working on a similar build and this is what I am going with to give you some ideas. I am no expert but I have done a lot of research to make sure it is all quality components.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: antec earth watts 650 platnium psu
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)
Total: $1335 ish
m
l
!