koopmannster

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
I have a plan to build and upgradable workstation with the potential to go 4-way sli. (4xGainwood gtx 680 4 gb with modified cooling and noise lvls.)

But I cant make up which case to use.

I know its hard to get the best of both worlds (noise, temperature)
But Im still gonna try. And I hope maybe you guys have some ideas.
With silence beeing highest priority which should I go for.

Sofar I have narrowed it down to a choice between Lian Li v2120 and Cooler Master Cosmos 2.
They say the cosmos cool really nicely but I can only find it charted with other gameing cases for noise.

Anyone has real life experience with both ?
Or maybe have better suggestions.

Thx in advance

yes but but the gpu's will face heat problems as there will be no breathing space between them.only good solution is to go with liquid cooling system on your gpus.
BTW,i don't see a good reason behind 4x 680s? what are you planning to do?

koopmannster

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
I-ray rendering and other gpu tasks.

I need the 4gb dram in 1 slot.

To start with. Ill just use 1 gfx card but asap nvidia gets kepler under control which they will... eventually..
Then Ill be prepaired for an upgrade.
But untill then I would like to keep my computer in the office. with air cooling
But when I add 3 more cards I guess Ill just have to move it to the server room.
And then add watercooling I guess;)
I just still can't decide on the freaking case.. worst piece of hardware to decide I think;)

koopmannster

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012

Hmm you do know that gpus can do math too right?

Doesnt sound like you know what Iray is... How can you then comment on my needs?

This is not for gaming.

koopmannster

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Worksstation cards sux for the price.. had 2 quadros sofar and cheaper gamer cards beat em. I believe in maybe 6 months there will not be a single prof card left on the office.
Quadro 6000 or 7000 might be up for the task but they cost more than the total of my rig. Quadro 7000 actually cost 5 times the price of my rig. For underclocked.. overcooled cards.
And havent had the need for 6 or 12gb vram yet either. A few times 2 gb wasnt enough and I had to do stuff.. so Im figureing 4 gb is pretty futureproof.

in gaming,sure a cheaper gaming card will beat a workstation card but in terms of professional works,a good workstation will destroy any gaming card.so choice is yours,gaming or work?

koopmannster

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Ati cant do Iray at all.... cmon..

This is for work gpu rendering.

Why would a gamer card gfx card be destroyed in a workstation?

I ditched the quadro 2000 and replaced with a gtx 560 3gb last time for MUCH better performance.
I dont think we do the same kinda work.

TRENDING THREADS