Localized Hosting of WoW

I have heard rumors of a program that would emulate a WoW Server where you
could play locally only, or even host your own little realm for I am
guessing a LAN party. Any idea if such a thing exist, and if so, what
purpose would it serve?

Remove the nospamhere message to reply directly
4 answers Last reply
More about localized hosting

    "C F" <fombynospam@herebellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I have heard rumors of a program that would emulate a WoW Server where you
    > could play locally only, or even host your own little realm for I am
    > guessing a LAN party. Any idea if such a thing exist, and if so, what
    > purpose would it serve?
    >

    > Remove the nospamhere message to reply directly

    It can be done but its a POS...I tried it before I bought the game, for all of
    20 minutes, until a friend showed me what I was missing.

    I still have lan parties with friends playing wow, but you gotta play online.
    Its just not a MMORPG with 5-10 people in the world, and bugged
    quests/mobs/drops/skills....

    C F ytrede sig i
    <2R1Ce.23861$eM6.23181@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> med dette:

    >I have heard rumors of a program that would emulate a WoW Server where you
    >could play locally only, or even host your own little realm for I am
    >guessing a LAN party. Any idea if such a thing exist, and if so, what
    >purpose would it serve?

    Guess it's for cheapscates that don't wanna pay.

    They don't have instances, and a lotta other content is missing too.
    --
    Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
    "When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he

    C F wrote:
    > I have heard rumors of a program that would emulate a WoW Server where you
    > could play locally only, or even host your own little realm for I am
    > guessing a LAN party. Any idea if such a thing exist, and if so, what
    > purpose would it serve?

    I've heard about them too. One reason that I could see for using them
    is to code mods without being online or even when the servers are down
    for the weekly maintenance.

    steve.kaye

    After researching this further, I have discovered there are tons of servers
    out there for people to play. Either because they dont want to pay to play,
    or just because they want to explore. It is the experience of the players I
    have spoken with that the game is not as much fun though because 1. the xp
    is outrageous, making it effortless to level, 2, its buggy at most times,
    and not all instances are unlocked, 3, why pay someone else with no support
    (this is for the pay private servers) and lastly you bought the program to
    get the content from Blizzard, its no fun if you dont get the full features.

    Many people will go out buy a game, immediately find a cheat for it, and
    soon they are bored. $35-60 down the drain for a game you have only played
    for a month, or less.

    So, unless you are using the emulator for creating mods, or in some
    instances I have seen/heard of people using them purely to find new
    exploits, stick with what Blizzard has to offer...headaches and all

    Happy Gaming

    CF
    "steve.kaye" <nospam@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote in message

    > C F wrote:
    > > I have heard rumors of a program that would emulate a WoW Server where
    you
    > > could play locally only, or even host your own little realm for I am
    > > guessing a LAN party. Any idea if such a thing exist, and if so, what
    > > purpose would it serve?
    >
    > I've heard about them too. One reason that I could see for using them
    > is to code mods without being online or even when the servers are down
    > for the weekly maintenance.
    >
    > steve.kaye

Games Warcraft World Of Warcraft Video Games