Using Nokia 7610 as an mp3 player

Last response: in Brands
August 16, 2004 6:53:30 AM

Is it any good the sound quality? What special headphones would I need,
and how long would the battery last if I used it as a pseudo i pod?

Are there any other better Bokia phones for mp3 listening,

thanks

More about : nokia 7610 mp3 player

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 1:41:44 PM

sickamongthecure wrote:

> Is it any good the sound quality? What special headphones would I need,
> and how long would the battery last if I used it as a pseudo i pod?
>
> Are there any other better Bokia phones for mp3 listening,
>
> thanks

Yesterday I used the Nokia PC Suite to transfert audio CD track to my
frind's 7610. The software first convert the audio track into a AAC
format (I am not sure what it is, looks quite similar to MP3, as the
size is approx. the same as an MP3). I think it's a Nokia proprietary
modified version of MP3 or something like that. The sound from the
speaker is quite good (for a phone speaker, I mean). Using the
headphone, the quality is not bad, but sure not as good as a iPod or CD
player. On the 64 memory stick, we could load all the songs of 2 audio
CDs. There is still some space but not enough for another CD.

--
JScoobyCed
What about a JScooby snack Shaggy ? ... Shaggy ?!

"JScoobyCed" <pim@pam.poum> wrote in message

> Yesterday I used the Nokia PC Suite to transfert audio CD track to my
> frind's 7610. The software first convert the audio track into a AAC
> format (I am not sure what it is, looks quite similar to MP3, as the
> size is approx. the same as an MP3). I think it's a Nokia proprietary
> modified version of MP3 or something like that. The sound from the
> speaker is quite good (for a phone speaker, I mean). Using the
> headphone, the quality is not bad, but sure not as good as a iPod or CD
> player. On the 64 memory stick, we could load all the songs of 2 audio
> CDs. There is still some space but not enough for another CD.
>
> --
> JScoobyCed
> What about a JScooby snack Shaggy ? ... Shaggy ?!

Cool, thanks alot.

What headphones does it use, and is it included in the sales
package?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 1:41:45 PM

JScoobyCed wrote:

> size is approx. the same as an MP3). I think it's a Nokia proprietary
> modified version of MP3 or something like that. The sound from the

No, AAC is MPEG4 audio.

http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 1:41:46 PM

Note (and its an important one!)

There does not appear to be a way to connect STEREO head phones to this
phone.

and I thoght the sound from the speaker was DREADFUL - but thats just my
opinion.

"incumbent" <incumbent@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o pWTc.27457$Bb.12175@lakeread08...
> JScoobyCed wrote:
>
> > size is approx. the same as an MP3). I think it's a Nokia proprietary
> > modified version of MP3 or something like that. The sound from the
>
> No, AAC is MPEG4 audio.
>
> http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 7:31:31 PM

incumbent wrote:

> JScoobyCed wrote:
>
>> size is approx. the same as an MP3). I think it's a Nokia proprietary
>> modified version of MP3 or something like that. The sound from the
>

> No, AAC is MPEG4 audio.
>
> http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/

Thanks. I didn't spend the time to check anything about the format. I
knew the MPEG4 format was great. No wonder it is in Reduced Memory Devices.

--
JScoobyCed
What about a JScooby snack Shaggy ? ... Shaggy ?!
August 17, 2004 12:10:11 AM

The initial N-Gage (not the QD - they left this out) has a fantastic mp3/aac
player - Stereo output, EQ settings, bass boost etc. Its just a shame they
have not catered for this software on other devices - 6600 etc.. UltraMP3,
MP3go etc really sound awful in comparison.

rgds Andrew.

"John Jordan" <John@airspeedzapspam.co.uk> wrote in message

<Snippage>
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 12:10:12 AM

"Andrew" <DonotReply@here.com> wrote in message
> The initial N-Gage (not the QD - they left this out) has a fantastic
mp3/aac
> player - Stereo output, EQ settings, bass boost etc. Its just a shame they
> have not catered for this software on other devices - 6600 etc.. UltraMP3,
> MP3go etc really sound awful in comparison.
>

> rgds Andrew.

Yeah that's how it's designed I suppose.

N-Gage = Games + Symbian + MP3 but no camera
Nokia 6320 = Some games + MP3 + camera but no symbian
Nokia 7610 = Excellent Camera, Symbian, More Games but poor MP3

= more cash and diversity for nokia than to make a super phone.

Is the MP3 capabilities on the Nokia okay in Mono? Where can I
get this Ultra MP3, and what headphones will I need?
August 18, 2004 12:07:15 AM

For ultraMP3 go to www.lonelycatgames.com if you want to download a trial or
try www.terrocro.com, . I use it on my 6600 with the standard Nokia HDD.
(H/Phones) It is mono and does sound a tad tinny hence having to swap over
to my n-gage...

"sickamongthecure" <sick@amonguall.com> wrote in message

> "Andrew" <DonotReply@here.com> wrote in message
> > The initial N-Gage (not the QD - they left this out) has a fantastic
> mp3/aac
> > player - Stereo output, EQ settings, bass boost etc. Its just a shame
they
> > have not catered for this software on other devices - 6600 etc..
UltraMP3,
> > MP3go etc really sound awful in comparison.
> >

> > rgds Andrew.
> >

> Yeah that's how it's designed I suppose.
>
> N-Gage = Games + Symbian + MP3 but no camera
> Nokia 6320 = Some games + MP3 + camera but no symbian
> Nokia 7610 = Excellent Camera, Symbian, More Games but poor MP3
>
> = more cash and diversity for nokia than to make a super phone.
>
> Is the MP3 capabilities on the Nokia okay in Mono? Where can I
> get this Ultra MP3, and what headphones will I need?

Anonymous
November 11, 2004 8:53:00 PM

"JScoobyCed" <pim@pam.poum> wrote in message
[..]
> frind's 7610. The software first convert the audio track into a AAC
> format (I am not sure what it is, looks quite similar to MP3, as the
> size is approx. the same as an MP3). I think it's a Nokia proprietary
> modified version of MP3 or something like that. The sound from the

Nope, AAC is nothing to do with Nokia (apart from them using it for sound
files). It has been out ages and I'm sure you can find info about it if you
search on the web. It's a different compression technique but similar
compression ratio to mp3 usually, sometimes even better (or better quality
or something) if I remember the hype on it's introduction (if you believe
it). I can't remember if MicroSoft or someone else came up with it as a
competitor to mp3.

John.
!