Sign in with
Your question

Replace HP Power Supply

Last response: in Components
December 23, 2012 4:17:49 AM

Hello, I have an HP Computer with an MSI 7778 Motherboard. 24 pin slot, separate 4 pin pwr slot up by CPU.

I am trying to replace the power supply with a Logisys PS550E12 that has a 20 pin plug that has the 4 pin that can attach to the side.

I attached everything-I tried the plug with all 24 pins. It powers up, fans spin. But no beeps, no video.

I tried plugging in the 20 pin portion and plugging the 4 pin into the 4 pin socket nothing.

Where am I going wrong?

More about : replace power supply

a c 307 ) Power supply
December 23, 2012 2:02:40 PM

myrtdog said:
Hello, I have an HP Computer with an MSI 7778 Motherboard. 24 pin slot, separate 4 pin pwr slot up by CPU.

I am trying to replace the power supply with a Logisys PS550E12 that has a 20 pin plug that has the 4 pin that can attach to the side.

I attached everything-I tried the plug with all 24 pins. It powers up, fans spin. But no beeps, no video.

I tried plugging in the 20 pin portion and plugging the 4 pin into the 4 pin socket nothing.

Where am I going wrong?

Did you also plug the separate 4pin (not 4 on the side of the 20) cpu
power plug in? There should be a 4 pin socket close to the cpu, it
has to be plugged in as well, it powers the cpu. The 20 or 20+4
pin powers the rest of the motherboard.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 23, 2012 8:41:58 PM

the 20+4 pin main cable should be all plugged into the 24 pin main connector while a sepearate 4+4 (or just 4 pin) CPU cable is to go to the 4 pin connector for the CPU

shouldnt have gotten a crap unit in the first place as well
m
l
!