How To Remove Outlook Express Animated Logo / Throb

I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?

________________________________
drahnier
7 answers Last reply
More about remove outlook express animated logo throb

    Type this command in Start/Run:

    rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

    This removes all the ISP branding in IE/OE.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
    >I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
    >corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?
    >
    > ________________________________
    > drahnier

    thanks for the quick reply.

    however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).

    ________________________________
    reinhard

    > Type this command in Start/Run:
    >
    > rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
    >
    > This removes all the ISP branding in IE/OE.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
    >>I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
    >>corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?
    >>
    >> ________________________________
    >> drahnier

    Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

    Backup the key. In the right-pane, delete the "SmBrandBitmap" value. This
    entry specifies the bitmap used for the small animated logo.

    --

    > thanks for the quick reply.
    >
    > however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).
    >
    > ________________________________
    > reinhard

    >> Type this command in Start/Run:
    >>
    >> rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
    >>
    >> This removes all the ISP branding in IE/OE.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
    >>>I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
    >>>corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?
    >>>
    >>> ________________________________
    >>> drahnier

    Ramesh,

    there is no "SmBrandBitmap" value in this registry key. Also: I'm talking
    about OE, not IE. Removing the throbs from IE and Windows Explorer was an
    easy task. It is just Oe which refuses to let the throb go ...

    > Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    >
    > Backup the key. In the right-pane, delete the "SmBrandBitmap" value. This
    > entry specifies the bitmap used for the small animated logo.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
    >> thanks for the quick reply.
    >>
    >> however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).
    >>
    >> ________________________________
    >> reinhard
    >>
    >> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Type this command in Start/Run:
    >>>
    >>> rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
    >>>
    >>> This removes all the ISP branding in IE/OE.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >>> Windows XP Shell/User
    >>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>>

    >>> "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message

    Jeez; I musta gotten ripped-off....My Micrososft flag doesn't throb, wave or
    even move in OE(?)
    > Ramesh,
    >
    > there is no "SmBrandBitmap" value in this registry key. Also: I'm talking
    > about OE, not IE. Removing the throbs from IE and Windows Explorer was an
    > easy task. It is just Oe which refuses to let the throb go ...

    > > Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:
    > >
    > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    > >
    > > Backup the key. In the right-pane, delete the "SmBrandBitmap" value.
    This
    > > entry specifies the bitmap used for the small animated logo.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP Shell/User
    > > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >

    > > "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
    > >> thanks for the quick reply.
    > >>
    > >> however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).
    > >>
    > >> ________________________________
    > >> reinhard
    > >>
    > >> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

    drahnier rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
    > corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?
    >
    > ________________________________
    > drahnier

    Copy a section of your OE taskbar next to the logo and save it as Logo.bmp
    then use tweakui to change the large and small logos

    drahnier,

    Sorry, I have no idea. You may try this question in OE groups for more
    exposure.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
    > Ramesh,
    >
    > there is no "SmBrandBitmap" value in this registry key. Also: I'm talking
    > about OE, not IE. Removing the throbs from IE and Windows Explorer was an
    > easy task. It is just Oe which refuses to let the throb go ...

    >> Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:
    >>
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    >>
    >> Backup the key. In the right-pane, delete the "SmBrandBitmap" value. This
    >> entry specifies the bitmap used for the small animated logo.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
    >>> thanks for the quick reply.
    >>>
    >>> however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).

    >>> reinhard
    >>>
    >>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

Configuration Outlook Express Customization Windows XP