How To Remove Outlook Express Animated Logo / Throb

May 17, 2005 10:13:25 PM

I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?

________________________________
drahnier
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:12:24 AM

Type this command in Start/Run:

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

This removes all the ISP branding in IE/OE.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
>I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
>corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?
>
> ________________________________
> drahnier

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:12:25 AM

thanks for the quick reply.

however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).

________________________________
reinhard

> Type this command in Start/Run:
>
> rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
>
> This removes all the ISP branding in IE/OE.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
>>I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
>>corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?
>>
>> ________________________________
>> drahnier

May 18, 2005 2:52:29 AM

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

Backup the key. In the right-pane, delete the "SmBrandBitmap" value. This
entry specifies the bitmap used for the small animated logo.

--

news:o dMjhKwWFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> thanks for the quick reply.
>
> however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).
>
> ________________________________
> reinhard

>> Type this command in Start/Run:
>>
>> rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
>>
>> This removes all the ISP branding in IE/OE.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
>>>I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
>>>corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?
>>>
>>> ________________________________
>>> drahnier

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:52:30 AM

Ramesh,

there is no "SmBrandBitmap" value in this registry key. Also: I'm talking
about OE, not IE. Removing the throbs from IE and Windows Explorer was an
easy task. It is just Oe which refuses to let the throb go ...

> Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
>
> Backup the key. In the right-pane, delete the "SmBrandBitmap" value. This
> entry specifies the bitmap used for the small animated logo.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
> news:o dMjhKwWFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> thanks for the quick reply.
>>
>> however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).
>>
>> ________________________________
>> reinhard
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Type this command in Start/Run:
>>>
>>> rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
>>>
>>> This removes all the ISP branding in IE/OE.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message

May 18, 2005 2:52:31 AM

Jeez; I musta gotten ripped-off....My Micrososft flag doesn't throb, wave or
even move in OE(?)
> Ramesh,
>
> there is no "SmBrandBitmap" value in this registry key. Also: I'm talking
> about OE, not IE. Removing the throbs from IE and Windows Explorer was an
> easy task. It is just Oe which refuses to let the throb go ...

> > Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:
> >
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
> >
> > Backup the key. In the right-pane, delete the "SmBrandBitmap" value.
This
> > entry specifies the bitmap used for the small animated logo.
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >

> > "drahnier" <drrwr@web.de> wrote in message
> > news:o dMjhKwWFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> thanks for the quick reply.
> >>
> >> however, it does not remove the animated logo (windows flag).
> >>
> >> ________________________________
> >> reinhard
> >>
> >> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 7:09:24 PM

drahnier rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> I would like to completely remove the logo that appears in the top right
> corner of Outlook Express. Anyone who knows how to do this?
>
> ________________________________
> drahnier

Copy a section of your OE taskbar next to the logo and save it as Logo.bmp
then use tweakui to change the large and small logos
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:29:02 AM

drahnier,

Sorry, I have no idea. You may try this question in OE groups for more
exposure.

--

!