Viewsonic p225f onview setup

kenji

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
Hi!
I went and bought myself a viewsonic p225f a couple o days ago and Ive been trying to set the darn thing up to get a good image... Im confused.. o_O

I cant get the left and right outer lines straight.. no matter how much I try to balance,trapazoid and hook the screen, there is always a hook in the upper left corner.. is it supposed to be like that?

another question I have is... is it better to resize the image with h.size and v.size or should I use the zoom function?

If anyone has a link or something on how to calibrate monitors and the things that I should think of when doing so... Id be very greatful...

thanks a bunch

kenji

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
My girlfriend bought a Samsung 1100P. It is the 21" model with the same 20" viewing size of a 22" for about $160.00 less. She had the same problem but on the right, It bowed in slightly. I spent a few hours tweaking it. We couldnt get it fixed so we replaced it. We bought from a small local dealer, so before we switched it for the same model, we had him open it and looked at it, it had no problem.

He told us that a flat screen monitor is really a curved glass monitor with a flat screen put on top of it and sometimes they have problems with that bowing image.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

Jarablue

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the 225f. I can get it pretty near damn stright but there will always be a little curvature. Not alot. But you can't get it perfect. I love my 225f. Good monitor.

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."

kenji

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
hmm... I think I realized this... but its ok... because the screen is so BIG =)

thanks anyway

//Kenji