Corporate Best Rate plan??

moocow

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

Hey people - greetings to you gurus out there:

I would appreciate some advice. I've just received an offer from Rogers
to my workplace for some "Corporate Best" Plan - where they start wtih
$15/50 minutes, and if you exceed these minutes, they bump you to the next
level (ie. $20/200, $30/300 min, etc)

Activation and Access fees are included.

I would like to know from you guys:

1) Is anyone on this plan right now? And does Rogers do a good job of
actually MATCHING the plan to the appropriate level - or do you have to
constantly call and scream at a CSR to change it?

2) I have 4 choices of no-charge phones - Nokia 3560,3595, LG4010 or
Morotola t720g. For me, I'm not that big into gadgetry - I like clear
reception and problem free. I don't use my phone for games. Do you guys
have any advice?

3) I live in Vancouver - anyone out here have any problems with reception
wiht Rogers?

and if I sign for this plan, anyone have any Rogers Customer Service
stories that I should be aware of?

(I'm on telus right now - and reception is great - though I'm using a 6 yr
old phone. Nokia 6185i.)

Thanks in advance...

--
MooCow

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

That corporate plan doesn't sound very good. Each corporate plan is
different.

As far as reception goes in the lower mainland (your experience may
vary) but I am not impressed with Rogers GSM coverage in both the 850
and 1900 range. On my T720, I can't tell which frequency is stronger,
but every now and then (usually every other day) i get voice cracking
up or cutting out.

I recently came off of Fido and I interchange my Siemens M55 Fido with
my T720. Reception is about the same on Rogers with both phones while
on Fido it was excellent. That being said, if you travel outside of
the metro areas, then Rogers is for you, but if you stay in urban
areas, you may want to consider other providers.

"MooCow" <xmoocowx@vceen.bc.ca> wrote in message
:
[...]
: --
: MooCow