Sign in with
Your question

How to Reuse expired software

Last response: in Windows 7
January 19, 2010 11:30:31 PM

In windows Xp it was possible to just delete the application data pertaining to the application and reuse it.
My question is how do i reuse that same software in windows 7?
Do i need to regedit and delete the data files? or is there something simpler, help me out please, and by the way its not a demo of an 800$ program its a program that doesn't exist anymore and the only version i could find is a trial that only works for 30 days.

More about : reuse expired software

a b $ Windows 7
January 20, 2010 12:53:05 AM

Instead of an Application Data folder (like in XP), Win7 uses a folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData. From the three folders there, it will most likely be in "Roaming", but it could be in any of them. (BTW, AppData might be hidden, in which case you will have to tell Win7 to show hidden folders.)
m
l
January 20, 2010 2:49:41 AM

if it's not there where do i look now?
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2010 2:56:16 AM

I found a hidden application data folder with another application data folder that is locked inside how do i get it open, i have full admin
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 20, 2010 11:14:30 AM

Not sure which folder you mean; what is its path? (Navigate to it in Explorer, then click in the bar at the top where it lists the folders, Ctrl+C to copy it, and then Ctrl+V to paste it here.)
m
l
January 20, 2010 6:22:56 PM

i guess it was a shortcut, but i still cant find the app data folder for it, would delete the registry data files for it work?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 20, 2010 7:23:07 PM

andyd103 said:
i guess it was a shortcut, but i still cant find the app data folder for it, would delete the registry data files for it work?

I really don't know. I would think that the same thing that worked with XP would work in Win7. The program's folder must be in AppData somewhere! Did you check in all three folders within AppData? (Local, LocalLow, and Roaming?)
m
l
January 21, 2010 2:05:03 AM

yes i did the program is called rocksim 5 by the way if it would help
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 21, 2010 11:15:18 AM

Some programs don't create an AppData folder until you have actually run them; did you do this yet?
m
l
September 20, 2010 2:06:50 PM

sorry .... you are dont understnd .......
i will try to explain
one files( windows>sistem>xxxx.reg) files is deleted. when the system is restarting that the files is missing. this time i dont restart this com.because dont get in.that files iwant so how its is?... any softwares are available ..... pls del immediately....
m
l
!