AMD FX-4100 0celcius

Balance

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hello everyone, I want to thank you all in advance for helping me out.

My Build:
Biostar A880GZ
AMD FX-4100 with Coolermaster TM3
G.skill 1600 2x4gb
Raidmax 530watt
Sapphire hd6770 1gb

I have 3 issues.

#1 Under coretemp and hwmonitor, my temperature is always 0 Celsius and the highest i was able to achieve is 27c under prime95 running. When i checked in the bios, the temperature is usually around 20c-24c.
Although I do believe the temp in bios sounds more legit, I still believe that these temperature for the FX4100 seems a little too good. =)

#2 HWmonitor only shows 1 temperature under the AMD FX-4100 tab, while I see most others with 4 core temperatures. Weird?

#3 I recently start having issues whenever i open up a game, within 5 mins, my screen would Black out and the only way to solve this was do a hard reboot. I am suspecting this has something to do with #1. I have already tried reseating the gpu and rams. I also have ran memtest86 which is good.

Well, I hope you guys can help me as much as possible, anything would be great!

Thank you.

G

No it isn't, a Celsius degree is larger than a Fahrenheit degree, 31F is actually -0.5C

1 degree of F is 5/9 of a degree Centigrade, by your example water would boil at 132 degrees Fahrenheit.

Kelvin and Centigrade have equal increments, just that Kelvin starts at absolute zero or -273C/-460F

No it isn't, a Celsius degree is larger than a Fahrenheit degree, 31F is actually 0.5C

1 degree F is 5/9 of a degree Centigrade, by your example water would boil at 132 degrees Fahrenheit.

Kelvin and Centigrade have equal increments, just that Kelvin starts at absolute zero or -273C/-460F

Hi :)

Please try and read properly...

I NEVER said any degrees were the same...

I SAID >> 31F =minus 1 degrees... that's F not C...

SO...

30 F = minus 2 DEGREES (F)

29 F = minus 3 DEGREES (F)

ETC...

ETC..

All the best Brett :)

G

31F is 31F - it isn't minus anything unless you're converting to another measurement system.

"30 F = minus 2 DEGREES (F)

29 F = minus 3 DEGREES (F)"

Makes no sense at all.

Now you could say that 30F is 2F under the freezing point of water but that doesn't make it minus anything F, and if that is what you're trying to say then perhaps you should make yourself clearer.

31F is 31F - it isn't minus anything unless you're converting to another measurement system.

"30 F = minus 2 DEGREES (F)

29 F = minus 3 DEGREES (F)"

Makes no sense at all.

Now you could say that 30F is 2F under the freezing point of water but that doesn't make it minus anything F

Hi :)

It makes no sense to you as you are not English, it makes perfect sense to us....

When a weather forecaster here says it will be MINUS 2 degrees here, we understand it will be 30 degrees Fahrenheit ...

All the best Brett :)

G

I am English, how very presumptuous of you to think I am not.

Pretty much every weather forecast in the UK is given in degrees Celsius, so when I hear that it will be minus 2 I understand that it will be minus 2 Centigrade which isn't +30F it's +28.4F. In fact when I hear weather forecasts I don't think what it will be in Fahrenheit at all unless someone asks me.

Balance

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Haha, Thanks everyone for the quick responses.

I'm also pretty sure I am not running at those temps. However, I would hope to know why others are not having this issues. I have seen others with the same cpu on HWmonitor and Coretemp showing all four core temps and the correct temperatures.

I have already tried:
-- Updating Biostar A880gz to the newest bios

-- reset my 1600ddr timing to 1333 ddr timing since the motherboard specific (nonOC) should be at 1333.

-- tried smart fan control on and off

-- tried reseating the gpu and memory
I am still getting weird temps and having the BLACK screen of death (crash) whenever I run a game for few minutes.

Could this be a faulty cpu? motherboard? ram? psu?

Please let me know if there are any additional info that you might need to help the situation.

Balance

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Thanks Nuke for the input. =)

I have tried searching on the HWmonitor website and googled but is it possible that you tell me how i can see the motherboard bios temp in HWmonitor?

THank you.

Balance

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

The temps in the bios is 22celsius.

I have just disabled most of the power saving settings in bios and made the cpu to constantly run at 3.6ghz (before it would range from 1.4ghz to 3.6), the hwmonitor is showing 15c constant during normal websurfing.

Thank you.

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I guess i know the answer

You said it was written in the ios 22c right ? You room might be at that temperature and sensors MIGHT do this : Cpu T - Room T = Real CPU T which equals 0 in this case ....

it's a bit crazy but it's the only thing i can see ...

And the reason for you freezing could be because of your chip. It happened to me with an Athlon II X2 250

If it was too cold, it wouldn't boot into Windows and that's something that happens to alot of AMD processor's

The only available fix would be to try with another board or to get your room temps to increase to 30c and up, but also to try to get it under 20c to see what happens

When you tried what i told you write here what happens

Open HWmon, you will see a list of sensors.

If you run prime, you will see a sensor move up faster then all others. It will be on of the TMPIN#'s(OR CPUTIN on some boards) in most cases

On some boards it may not be at the sensor marked CPUTIN(my Asus Maximus IV Gene-z CPUTIN always shows 60, it is TMPIN3).

In the case of this board(H55N USB3), This is the board and cpu sensor. The 89c max is a bug. This image was to show the difference from board sensors and integrated sensors.
idletempso.png

So run HWmon and run prime95 to see what jumps. Generally the best way to check.

cmi86

Distinguished
After looking at your HWMonitor readings it seems you have a bad motherboard sensor for the overall CPU temp. Your core temps seem to be accurate and i would just base your readings off of those which are completely acceptable.

Balance

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Thanks Nuke.

I did previously ran Prime 95 and only tmpn0 went up (to 27c max and stayed there which i believe should be incorrect).

Exactly like your pictures, which shows 4 core temps, my hwmonitor does not show me that. I have seen others with FX-4100 showing the 4 cores also but i do not. Could this be a cheap motherboard problem?

Regarding about the black screen of death crash, i notice when i disable my cpu smart fan control the problem goes away. When i have it on, for some reason the cpu fan stays put at 980-1000 rpm and does not go up at all. And because i believe the temps i have are not correct, i can't isolate whether it is my temps that is causing the black screen of death or the gpu or the psu.

The two different sets are for die temps and the other is the sensor underneath the processor I believe. I use hwinfo and it reads them right my coretemp gadget went crazy and reads wrong. It actually reads backwards. Under stress tests it goes down instead of up its weird. I can get negative C. With my peltier and liquid cooler lol

Balance

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

I didnt overclocked my fx-4100 however i did reset the dram timing to match my 1600gskill and disabled all the power saving options so my cpu would constantly run at 3.6ghz instead of ranging from 1.4 to 3.6.

I believe the pictures you saw were from Nuke, and i just uploaded my hwmonitor and coretemp. Would be great if you can take a look and give me any insights. =)

By any chance you remember hwmonitor listing core temps under the cpu tab for your old FX?

This is my monitor info:
49856437.png

This is taken from another person online: (with the 4 core temps and everything looking okay)

dd216b8f_458169_10150935252943988_700048231_o.jpeg