Annoying pop-in on xfx hd 6870

daggy

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
I am experience some intense pop in in the witcher 2 and bfbc2 on my xfx hd 6870 with shadows and such. This happens on other games but mostly on the witcher 2 and bfbc2...I really don't know whats causing this i have all my drivers up to date and everything but those shadow/foliage pop ins are EXTREMELY annoying!!!

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGJkWs_AlbI

specs:

xfx hd 6870 dual fan edition 1gb

8gb ddr3 RAM

AMD Phenom II x6 @ 3.2 ghz

I think you're being a bit too critical. I see what you're talking about, but it's not anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be. Wouldn't really bother me, but to each his own, I guess.

Looks like a draw distance related issue of some kind, even though it's closer up than a normal setting should affect.

I would highly doubt it's a HDD issue. I don't even really understand how it could be. It's almost definitely GPU/Settings/Driver related. Which one of those? Your guess is as good as mine, but I think recon might be on the right track, and I still say that it's really not that bad (in the clip you showed, anyway). I guess small little things like that just don't bother as much as it does for some.

daggy

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

yeah i guess so...I'm just going to have to wait for 12.5 i guess I think my 12.4 drivers might of screwed some things up