Sign in with
Your question

New build Questions

Last response: in Systems
August 8, 2012 2:22:12 AM

Gaming Computer Build

Okay im starting a new build and I was wondering if the i5-3570k Ivy would bottleneck the EVGA GTX680 or EVGA GTX680 superclocked+?

I'm having massive pricing problems since im trying to stick to a 1500-1600 price limit with shipping and im at 1750 right now with shipping

I'm using 2 right now for 1750 without a monitor

I have my case and os at amazon for 220$

This is my newegg cart
ANY AND ALL ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL as a first time build im stressing out and i only have less than 2 weeks to get everything here before i go on vaction so i have to get this decided tonight preferably

Newegg cart: (Hope is visible)

My Case is
OS Win7 Home Premium

Budget $1500Then i have 75$ in bestbuy giftcards so another $100 on top of that for a monitor
Will be buying a simple keyboard until i work a little more just so the decrease out of my bank isn't so big

I NEED TO PURCHASE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

More about : build questions

August 8, 2012 3:22:50 AM

Rapple12 said:
Gaming Computer Build

Okay im starting a new build and I was wondering if the i5-3570k Ivy would bottleneck the EVGA GTX680 or EVGA GTX680 superclocked+?

I'm having massive pricing problems since im trying to stick to a 1500-1600 price limit with shipping and im at 1750 right now with shipping

I'm using 2 right now for 1750 without a monitor

I have my case and os at amazon for 220$

This is my newegg cart
ANY AND ALL ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL as a first time build im stressing out and i only have less than 2 weeks to get everything here before i go on vaction so i have to get this decided tonight preferably

Newegg cart: (Hope is visible)

My Case is
OS Win7 Home Premium

Budget $1500Then i have 75$ in bestbuy giftcards so another $100 on top of that for a monitor
Will be buying a simple keyboard until i work a little more just so the decrease out of my bank isn't so big

I NEED TO PURCHASE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

No an i5-3570k would be great when paired with a 680.

AS for your budget, you could drop the dual 7870's and grab a Nvidia GTX-670. You save $200 bucks but don't suffer much of a performance hit. And in the future, you can buy another 670 when needed!
m
l
August 8, 2012 3:30:56 AM

I was told that by grabbing a 670 i would loose about 40% performance?

The build is from gamingrig.blogspot.ca

Also i don't really like the idea of overclocking and stuff because im a lil chicken sh*t
so if I was to go with the 680 I would probably go with the non - superclocked

and can you check the compatibility of everything

Think its this one
m
l
Related resources
August 8, 2012 4:52:17 AM

Rapple12 said:
I was told that by grabbing a 670 i would loose about 40% performance?

The build is from gamingrig.blogspot.ca

Also i don't really like the idea of overclocking and stuff because im a lil chicken sh*t
so if I was to go with the 680 I would probably go with the non - superclocked

and can you check the compatibility of everything

Think its this one

Well yes you would lose some performance but as long as you are gaming on one monitor, the only difference would be the FPS. The 670 can handle anything you throw at it with ease at 60fps.

Also, the 680 is a complete waste if money. It only has 5% better performance than the 670 and costs $100 bucks more.

Finally superclocking doesnt necessarily mean dangerous overclocking. Companies wont release unstable cards so you can be 100% certain that the card is COMPLETELY stable. Not to mention the extra 2gb of vram on the gtx-670 superclocked will help close the performance gap!
m
l
August 8, 2012 4:56:19 AM

And yes everything is compatable!
m
l
August 8, 2012 5:53:33 AM

If you don't overclock then it would kind of be a waste to get the i5 3570K and the board. But honestly, overclocking doesn't even degrade the lifespan of the chip/card that much if you don't tweak voltages. The i5 3570K can get to 4GHZ EASY. All the newer 28/22nm can't remember which can overclock easy as well and you'd be getting SOOO MUCH MORE performance out of them. Heat isn't an issue as many of them are pretty cool nowadays.

Personally, I would go with 2x7850 save some money and overclock them as they can get up to the GTX 580 if not better in performance. But it is up to you. So yeah I'd agree save money with the GTX 670 or go with the GTX 660/660 Ti when it releases. Looks to be pretty good as well and a slight overclock would be fine for consist ant 60 FPS on pretty demanding games.
m
l
!