Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My new pc

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 8, 2012 3:47:33 AM

Hello,
This is my new pc.
Gaming pc
CPU: Intel core i7 3770k 3.5 GHz
CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 
MB: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 4X4GB 1600Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD
HDD: WD 2T green x2
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
CASE: Fractal design R4 white
PSU: SeaSonic 520W M12II-520
BLU-RAY: Pioneer BDR-207DBK

The cpu will be overclocked to 4.5Ghz.
This pc will run autocad and solidworks and the latest games.
The pc will be the htpc as well.
I will be glad to hear some opinions about the hardware.
Thx

More about : question

August 8, 2012 3:56:04 AM

You don't need an i7, for solidworks trust me I have experience with solidworks too. My computer can run it flawlessly and play the latest games at a min. fps of 30

My build is down below

Everything else is good

And get a i5 2500K it can overclock higher due to less heat than Ivy Bridge, and you can save so money
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 5:30:15 PM

Why i5 2500k is better for overclock?
I5 3570k is good too? The price difference between them are small.
If i will take i5 2500k wich Z68MB will give my the same spec as the MB that i choose. I can stay with the z77?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 8, 2012 5:36:45 PM

Xlerator said:
You don't need an i7, for solidworks trust me I have experience with solidworks too. My computer can run it flawlessly and play the latest games at a min. fps of 30

My build is down below

Everything else is good

And get a i5 2500K it can overclock higher due to less heat than Ivy Bridge, and you can save so money


Believe me, I've got current versions of AutoCAD and Revit to run on way less than an i7... :lol: 

Quote:
Why i5 2500k is better for overclock?
I5 3570k is good too? The price difference between them are small.


Well people will argue that the 2500K is better because of the heat dissipation with the Ivy Bridge CPUs, but with the right cooler that's a bit of a moot point.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 4:50:25 AM

Thanks everyone. I made some changes:
Gaming pc
CPU: Intel core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz
CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 
MB: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 4X4GB 1600Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD
HDD: WD 2T green
SSD: Corsair force gs 240GB
CASE: Fractal design R4 white
PSU: SeaSonic 520W M12II-520
BLU-RAY: Pioneer BDR-207DBK

I changed the cpu and the ssd.
Cpu - I understand that i7 is not necessary for my needs and i5 will be fine.
Ssd - i changed to the corsair becaues it's tier 1 in tom's hardware chart insted of the vertex 4 that is tier 3.
I am thinking about the z77x-ud5h with the thanderbolt, it is worth the price?
The PSU will be enough?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2012 7:09:11 AM

orgabay87 said:
Thanks everyone. I made some changes:
Gaming pc
CPU: Intel core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz
CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 
MB: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 4X4GB 1600Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD
HDD: WD 2T green
SSD: Corsair force gs 240GB
CASE: Fractal design R4 white
PSU: SeaSonic 520W M12II-520
BLU-RAY: Pioneer BDR-207DBK

I changed the cpu and the ssd.
Cpu - I understand that i7 is not necessary for my needs and i5 will be fine.
Ssd - i changed to the corsair becaues it's tier 1 in tom's hardware chart insted of the vertex 4 that is tier 3.
I am thinking about the z77x-ud5h with the thanderbolt, it is worth the price?
The PSU will be enough?


I'm still iffy on the SSD choice - anything Sandforce is bound to give you plenty of issues and errors - I know from first hand experience. I'd go with a Marvell drive - something like the Crucial M4, Samsung 830, or Plextor PX-M3 Pro. Those will be better choices.

Seasonic makes great PSUs but 520W will be very underpowered for a single 670. Go with the 620W just to be on the safe side, if you want to SLI later on, go with something like the Corsair TX750 V2.

Make sure your RAM is low profile if you get the Corsair Vengeance.

Thunderbolt is very interesting technology - that's for sure, but it's going to be quite a while before we see anything that can really take advantage of it.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 7:17:34 AM

G-unit is wrong on the PSU. 520W is enough for one 670.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 3:59:25 PM

I chose this psu because i want something a littel quite. I thermaltake watt calculator the recomended 401W for that system
Why do i need low profile memory?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2012 4:07:24 PM

orgabay87 said:
I chose this psu because i want something a littel quite. I thermaltake watt calculator the recomended 401W for that system
Why do i need low profile memory?


PSU calculators are never completely reliable. Even the Asus one comes close but doesn't take into account newer GPU power requirements.

As far as low profile RAM goes - you need that for working with air fans, the tall heat sinks will make installing any air coolers you plan to work with difficult.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 4:30:00 PM

So in that caes you reccomend to take the Corsair CML16GX3M4A1600C9 insted of the CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9?
I think to stay with the original fans for the start. It won't be enough?? My case is fractal design R4
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2012 4:43:29 PM

orgabay87 said:
So in that caes you reccomend to take the Corsair CML16GX3M4A1600C9 insted of the CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9?
I think to stay with the original fans for the start. It won't be enough?? My case is fractal design R4


Can you link to those? I can't really tell one RAM model from the other by the part numbers unless I see the pictures... :lol: 

Yeah that will be fine as far as the fans go - you can only buy as many fans as your case has mounts for.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 5:27:58 PM

He means some after-market coolers - like the Noctua NH-D14 - take up a lot of space and when mounted on the cpu often hang over the last ram slot(s) so ram with tall heat spreaders (like the second one you linked) are problematic.

Quote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820233203
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820233235
These are the two memorys.


m
0
l
August 10, 2012 5:35:07 PM

Get standard profile RAM like Crucial Ballistix sport 2x4GB.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2012 6:20:24 PM

orgabay87 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
These are the two memorys.

So i didn't understand yet why i should go with low profile.


Here's a picture that explain what I'm talking about:



Notice how much higher the first fan is than the rest of the heat sink. This could be a problem as some cases have a lower profile than others and the D14 won't be able to fit with the door closed. If you get low profile heat sinks that will not be an issue.

Then I'd actually get something like this over those choices: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 10:46:51 PM

If i will go for 2X8GB insted of the 4X4GB it will be o.k to take the regular profile? or should i take the low profile ?
m
0
l
!