Pop culture referances

Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
feel free to add any!
---------------------------

Larion and Muigin - Un'goro Crater - Referance to Nintendo's characters
Mario and Luigi. Muigin is dressed to look like Luigi and Larion dressed to
look like Mario. Larion has a hammer like early mario games. Both have
correct stature for their prospective characters.

Captured Arko'narin - Felwood - Says "Now all I need is a golden lasso"
whilst spinning around getting changed, Wonderwoman referance

Gubber Blump - Darkshore - From Forest Gump, Bubba and Forest create a
fishing business called "Bubba Gump Fishing" Also this character talks about
crab like Bubba talks about shrimp

The Scrimshank Redemption - Tanaris - Quest Title, Referance to the film
"The Shawshank Redemption"

Nat Pagle - Theramore - Fishing Instructor. An employee named Pat Nagle,
Worked on the game "World of Warcraft" amongst other games for Blizzard

Spraggle Frock - Un'goro Crater - Fraggle Rock, TV show starring Jim
Henson's Muppets.

Fugwump a écrit :
> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
> feel free to add any!
> ---------------------------
>
> Larion and Muigin - Un'goro Crater - Referance to Nintendo's characters
> Mario and Luigi. Muigin is dressed to look like Luigi and Larion dressed to
> look like Mario. Larion has a hammer like early mario games. Both have
> correct stature for their prospective characters.
>
> Captured Arko'narin - Felwood - Says "Now all I need is a golden lasso"
> whilst spinning around getting changed, Wonderwoman referance
>
> Gubber Blump - Darkshore - From Forest Gump, Bubba and Forest create a
> fishing business called "Bubba Gump Fishing" Also this character talks about
> crab like Bubba talks about shrimp
>
> The Scrimshank Redemption - Tanaris - Quest Title, Referance to the film
> "The Shawshank Redemption"
>
> Nat Pagle - Theramore - Fishing Instructor. An employee named Pat Nagle,
> Worked on the game "World of Warcraft" amongst other games for Blizzard
>
> Spraggle Frock - Un'goro Crater - Fraggle Rock, TV show starring Jim
> Henson's Muppets.

Don't forget the chief engineer Scooty from Booty Bay, opérating the
transporter! :)

"Paig Chong Woo" <cwpaigAT@valkenDOT.org> wrote in message
> Fugwump a écrit :
>> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
>> feel free to add any!
>> ---------------------------
>>
>> Larion and Muigin - Un'goro Crater - Referance to Nintendo's characters
>> Mario and Luigi. Muigin is dressed to look like Luigi and Larion dressed
>> to look like Mario. Larion has a hammer like early mario games. Both
>> have correct stature for their prospective characters.
>>
>> Captured Arko'narin - Felwood - Says "Now all I need is a golden lasso"
>> whilst spinning around getting changed, Wonderwoman referance
>>
>> Gubber Blump - Darkshore - From Forest Gump, Bubba and Forest create a
>> fishing business called "Bubba Gump Fishing" Also this character talks
>> about crab like Bubba talks about shrimp
>>
>> The Scrimshank Redemption - Tanaris - Quest Title, Referance to the film
>> "The Shawshank Redemption"
>>
>> Nat Pagle - Theramore - Fishing Instructor. An employee named Pat Nagle,
>> Worked on the game "World of Warcraft" amongst other games for Blizzard
>>
>> Spraggle Frock - Un'goro Crater - Fraggle Rock, TV show starring Jim
>> Henson's Muppets.
>>

> Don't forget the chief engineer Scooty from Booty Bay, opérating the
> transporter! :)

And Sprok <Away team> :)

The under siege cook (stevan segal) is in Stormwind iirc.

Fugwump wrote:
> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots
> more, feel free to add any!
> ---------------------------

At East Vale Logging Camp, there's a lumberjack called Terry Palin :)

Devast8or

rene

"Matich" <vmatich@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Paig Chong Woo" <cwpaigAT@valkenDOT.org> wrote in message
> > Fugwump a écrit :
> >> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots
> >> more, feel free to add any!
> >> ---------------------------
> >>
> >> Larion and Muigin - Un'goro Crater - Referance to Nintendo's
> >> characters Mario and Luigi. Muigin is dressed to look like Luigi and
> >> Larion dressed to look like Mario. Larion has a hammer like early
> >> mario games. Both have correct stature for their prospective
> >> characters.
> >>
> >> Captured Arko'narin - Felwood - Says "Now all I need is a golden
> >> lasso" whilst spinning around getting changed, Wonderwoman referance
> >>
> >> Gubber Blump - Darkshore - From Forest Gump, Bubba and Forest create a
> >> fishing business called "Bubba Gump Fishing" Also this character talks
> >> about crab like Bubba talks about shrimp
> >>
> >> The Scrimshank Redemption - Tanaris - Quest Title, Referance to the
> >> film "The Shawshank Redemption"
> >>
> >> Nat Pagle - Theramore - Fishing Instructor. An employee named Pat
> >> Nagle, Worked on the game "World of Warcraft" amongst other games for
> >> Blizzard
> >>
> >> Spraggle Frock - Un'goro Crater - Fraggle Rock, TV show starring Jim
> >> Henson's Muppets.
> >>

> > Don't forget the chief engineer Scooty from Booty Bay, opérating the
> > transporter! :)
>
> And Sprok <Away team> :)

And Ghordy LapForge at the Gadgetzan Teleporter (since patch 1.5)

CU

Rene

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

jeff

Orgrimmar blimp master Hin Denburg.

phlip

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

"Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
> feel free to add any!
> ---------------------------

Couple Un'Goro quests reference Beatles songs, iirc?

Phlip

Deeprun Tram : "Haggle shifts through the garbadge" - "42? What does it
mean"

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=13374;
"Property of Finkle Einhorn, Grandmaster Adventurer"

I believe this is from Ace Venture- Pet detective. "Lois Einhorn==Ray
Finkle"

On 2005-07-18 17:17:47 +0200, "phlip" <phil*nospam*mcr@yahoo.com> said:

> Couple Un'Goro quests reference Beatles songs, iirc?
>
> Phlip

"A Little Help From My Friends" given by Ringo
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 59 - Bloodscalp EU

"Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
> feel free to add any!
> ---------------------------

Getting attuned for Black Wing Layer the quest says "Have fun storming the
castle!" Which i believe is from The Princess Bride.

Scotty

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2001

"McDLT" <no@no.no> wrote in message

> "Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
>> feel free to add any!
>> ---------------------------
>>

> Getting attuned for Black Wing Layer the quest says "Have fun storming the
> castle!" Which i believe is from The Princess Bride.

Sounds like it could be from Army of Darkness but I cant remember for sure.

mikel

Scotty wrote:
> "McDLT" <no@no.no> wrote in message
>
>>"Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
>>>feel free to add any!
>>>---------------------------
>>>

>>Getting attuned for Black Wing Layer the quest says "Have fun storming the
>>castle!" Which i believe is from The Princess Bride.
>>

> Sounds like it could be from Army of Darkness but I cant remember for sure.

It's the Princess Bride, after they have visited the miracle worker to
cure the hero's mild case of death, just before they (surprise!) storm
the castle.

Fugwump wrote:
> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots
> more, feel free to add any!
> ---------------------------

One more:

The swords on the Dragonmaw Centurions in the Wetlands look very much like
those of Saruman's Uruk-Hai in Fellowship Of The Ring.

Devast8or

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:38:25 +0100, "Fugwump"
<fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

>Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
>feel free to add any!
>---------------------------
>
>Larion and Muigin - Un'goro Crater - Referance to Nintendo's characters
>Mario and Luigi. Muigin is dressed to look like Luigi and Larion dressed to
>look like Mario. Larion has a hammer like early mario games. Both have
>correct stature for their prospective characters.
>
>Captured Arko'narin - Felwood - Says "Now all I need is a golden lasso"
>whilst spinning around getting changed, Wonderwoman referance
>
>Gubber Blump - Darkshore - From Forest Gump, Bubba and Forest create a
>fishing business called "Bubba Gump Fishing" Also this character talks about
>crab like Bubba talks about shrimp
>
>The Scrimshank Redemption - Tanaris - Quest Title, Referance to the film
>"The Shawshank Redemption"
>
>Nat Pagle - Theramore - Fishing Instructor. An employee named Pat Nagle,
>Worked on the game "World of Warcraft" amongst other games for Blizzard
>
>Spraggle Frock - Un'goro Crater - Fraggle Rock, TV show starring Jim
>Henson's Muppets.

A couple of movie references I've run across:

Apocalypse Now - There's a quest in STV to kill a colonel (?) Kurzen
who's 'gone native'.

Big Trouble in Little China - The 6 demon bag

Chasing Amy - Chasing AM-E quest in Un Goro

The pirate ship in Deadmines seems to be taken straight out of The
Goonies.

Rgds, Frank

alex

> It's the Princess Bride, after they have visited the miracle worker to
> cure the hero's mild case of death, just before they (surprise!) storm the
> castle.

Miracle Max, played by Billy Crystal :)

Pie vendors will sell you Homemade Cherry Pie, with the comment...
Put a smile on your face, 10 miles wide.

Refers to the 90's song 'Cherry Pie' by the Rock/hair band Warrant.

I asked an IF guard for directions to an Alchemist, and as well as telling
me where to look, he remarked,
"Sigh - Why didn't i take the Blue Potion?"

Which could possibly refer to the Matrix Blue Pill / Red Pill question.

This meant that the guard must've taken the Red Potion, which means that he
was in a computer game BEFORE WOW. I wonder how long it will be before he
drinks a Red Potion in WOW, and wakes up in our world.

Old Man Heming in STV selling expert fishing book

Rgds. IRenka

Fugwump wrote:
> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
> feel free to add any!
> ---------------------------

I forgot his name, but there is a sleepy druid in Darkshore who you have to
escort. Once you start the quest he says: "The sleeper has awakened." Which is
from "Dune" if I'm not mistaken.

--
M.I.K.e

There is a house in IF that has what appears to be the mechanical hand from
Terminator. Near mystic Ward

"Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots more,
> feel free to add any!
> ---------------------------
>
> Larion and Muigin - Un'goro Crater - Referance to Nintendo's characters
> Mario and Luigi. Muigin is dressed to look like Luigi and Larion dressed
> look like Mario. Larion has a hammer like early mario games. Both have
> correct stature for their prospective characters.
>
> Captured Arko'narin - Felwood - Says "Now all I need is a golden lasso"
> whilst spinning around getting changed, Wonderwoman referance
>
> Gubber Blump - Darkshore - From Forest Gump, Bubba and Forest create a
> fishing business called "Bubba Gump Fishing" Also this character talks
about
> crab like Bubba talks about shrimp
>
> The Scrimshank Redemption - Tanaris - Quest Title, Referance to the film
> "The Shawshank Redemption"
>
> Nat Pagle - Theramore - Fishing Instructor. An employee named Pat Nagle,
> Worked on the game "World of Warcraft" amongst other games for Blizzard
>
> Spraggle Frock - Un'goro Crater - Fraggle Rock, TV show starring Jim
> Henson's Muppets.

There's this goblin mortar (goblin engineer trinket), and there's a
recipe to reload it. Of course, the recipe is called:

"The Mortar - Reloaded"

Fugwump wrote:
> Here are some that I've seen recently and can remember, theres lots
> more, feel free to add any!
> ---------------------------
>
> Larion and Muigin - Un'goro Crater - Referance to Nintendo's
> characters Mario and Luigi. Muigin is dressed to look like Luigi and
> Larion dressed to look like Mario. Larion has a hammer like early
> mario games. Both have correct stature for their prospective
> characters.
> Captured Arko'narin - Felwood - Says "Now all I need is a golden
> lasso" whilst spinning around getting changed, Wonderwoman referance
>
> Gubber Blump - Darkshore - From Forest Gump, Bubba and Forest create a
> fishing business called "Bubba Gump Fishing" Also this character
> talks about crab like Bubba talks about shrimp
>
> The Scrimshank Redemption - Tanaris - Quest Title, Referance to the
> film "The Shawshank Redemption"
>
> Nat Pagle - Theramore - Fishing Instructor. An employee named Pat
> Nagle, Worked on the game "World of Warcraft" amongst other games for
> Blizzard
> Spraggle Frock - Un'goro Crater - Fraggle Rock, TV show starring Jim
> Henson's Muppets.

Or how about the joke (done by human males I believe) where they basically
tell the entire story of Lord of the Rings.

Running through Dire Maul North today I got a couple..

When you take the ogre tannin from the basket, an ogre rushes down
yelling "It puts the tannin in the basket or else it gets the mallet
again!" (Silence of the Lambs).

And when you kill the ogre king, his adviser lets fly with the glorious
internet exclamation "OH NOES!"

Cheers!
David...