6230 Bluetooth -Use once then need reboot of PC to reconnect

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Bluetooth
Last response: in Brands
August 17, 2004 12:38:00 AM

The subject says it all. I have a 6230, a D-linl 120 dongle which
Microsfot says is generic, Win XP SP2. Works terrific during a single
session, various NOKIA PC Suite 6.2 functions work, but if I walk away
and turn off blue tooth in the phone,then re-enable I can not
reconnect without rebooting the PC. I need to know
1. Is there a way I should close down the bluetooth sesion nicely so
I can reconnect or (reluctantley)
2. Will my problems go away withthe purchase of a genine Nokia USB
DKU-2 connection

This may be a PC suite centred problem (not sure) but I want to se the
Nokia" Syncronise" function so Oxygen is not a solution.

More about : 6230 bluetooth reboot reconnect

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 12:38:01 AM

Try this:

Diconnect by right-clicking the PCSync icon and choose Phone Selector...
Choose the BT connected phone and click Connection...
Untick the Bluetooth box.

The phone should say it has disconnected.
OK on the phone, you can then turn off bluetooth without the phone hanging.

Just re-ticking the BT option on the Phone Selector should allow you to
re-connect.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 3:16:47 PM

> The phone should say it has disconnected.
> OK on the phone, you can then turn off bluetooth without the phone
> hanging.

Phone hanging?!? Original poster did not said his phone is freezing, but he
cannot reconnect the BT until he reboots PC.

To original poster: sounds like a driver problem on your PC. I would not
trust Generic driver from Microsoft. Download your specific hardware driver.

HTH
August 18, 2004 8:42:03 AM

Gary Hunter <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<mu21i0dmctgtlq8ssvbbccdl5b0463qf89@4ax.com>...
> The subject says it all. I have a 6230, a D-linl 120 dongle which
> Microsfot says is generic, Win XP SP2. Works terrific during a single
> session, various NOKIA PC Suite 6.2 functions work, but if I walk away
> and turn off blue tooth in the phone,then re-enable I can not
> reconnect without rebooting the PC. I need to know
> 1. Is there a way I should close down the bluetooth sesion nicely so
> I can reconnect or (reluctantley)
> 2. Will my problems go away withthe purchase of a genine Nokia USB
> DKU-2 connection
>
> This may be a PC suite centred problem (not sure) but I want to se the
> Nokia" Syncronise" function so Oxygen is not a solution.

We can recommend to try this with genuine Widcom drivers and Oxygen
Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ).

If you will have any questions/suggestions, concerning bluetooth
connection, feel free to post them on our official forum:

http://www.oxygenphonemanager.com/forum/postlist.php?Ca...

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 4:33:48 PM

It does seem to be an issue with the MS Drivers, but they are very
hard to get rid of. Now working ok after reading MS Knowledge base
article 840635 & 883258
You have to prevent the MS drivers from reinstalling themselves by
renaming the bth.inf file to bth.bak. Then use devmgmt.msc to remove
the bluetooth device, then reinstall the d-link drivers. Messy!

!